Doctor of Business Administration
In the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program at Argosy University, Tampa in Tampa, Florida, you can build upon master’s-level competencies, skills, and knowledge to prepare to perform more effectively in existing professional roles, to qualify for roles with increasing responsibility, and/or develop capabilities for a second career in teaching at the college level.
The DBA program is designed to help you develop competencies in understanding and performing applied research which can then be used to foster innovation and lead organizational change.
In the Doctor of Business Administration program in Tampa, you may select a concentration in the following areas:
- Customized Professional Concentration
- International Business
The Doctor of Business Administration program is designed to prepare you to pursue advancement in your current career. With a combination of prior experience and advanced instruction from Argosy University, you will be prepared to compete for positions such as:
- Administrative Management
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- College and University Faculty
- Dean of Business
- Director of Human Resources
- General and Operations Manager
- General Management Consulting Service
- Human Resources Consultant
- Marketing Manager
- Training and Development Manager and Specialist
- Treasurer and Finance Officer
- A master's degree in business administration, management, public or non-profit management, engineering management, JD, LLM, or other degree demonstrating exposure to managerial knowledge; the degree must be awarded by a regionally accredited institution, nationally accredited institution approved and documented by the dean of the Graduate School of Business and Management, or an appropriately certified foreign institution.
- At least three (3) graduate credit hours or six (6) undergraduate credit hours in each of the following: accounting, finance, economics*
- To be eligible to select the accounting concentration, applicants must have twelve (12) graduate credit hours in accounting.
- A grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) in work leading to the master's degree, and in any subsequent graduate study
- At least three (3) years and preferably five (5) years of full-time managerial or professional experience, documented by a recently updated resume or an online professional profile. If not currently employed, the applicant must show active participation in professional organizations.
- A minimum score on an Argosy University pre-approved English language proficiency test is required for all applicants whose native language is not English or who have not graduated from an institution at which English is the language of instruction as specified in Section Five, Admission Policies, "English Language Proficiency Policy."
All applications for admission must be submitted to the Admissions Department. An admissions representative is available to help interested applicants complete the following required documentation:
- Completed Application for Admission Form
- Application fee (Non-refundable, except in Arizona. In the state of Arizona, the application fee is refundable if the application is canceled within three business days of the applicant signing the Enrollment Agreement.)
- Documentation of managerial experience and participation in a professional organization
- Official transcripts from the institution that conferred the master's degree and any institutions where graduate coursework was subsequently taken. Bachelor's level transcripts are not required.**
*Students may be accepted into the DBA degree program without these functional courses but must complete designated master's level course work in these fields prior to beginning the DBA degree program coursework.
**Undergraduate transcripts might be needed to demonstrate fulfillment of prerequisites.
Core Course Requirements
Students Are Required to Take the Following
- B7438 - Holistic Management in Organizations (3)
- B7440 - Managing Global Challenges (3)
- B7442 - Marketing Strategy and Management (3)
- B7530 - Corporate and Global Finance (3)
- B7532 - Advanced Operations Management (3)
- B7840 - Strategy Formulation, Implementation, and Evaluation (3)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 25, 2016