Apply Now! We are now accepting applications.
DOCTOR OF EDUCATION
Units to complete: 24
Duration: up to 6 years part-time
Start date: March, July, November
• English IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
• Completed a Master of Education (8 Units) or equivalent with a ‘credit’ average or an honours (I or IIa) degree or equivalent qualification relevant to the proposed area of study
• Have a documented record of (normally) 3 years full-time equivalent of professional or teaching experience in a field relevant to the proposed area of study, and be currently or recently employed in professional practice
Note: applications are accepted throughout the year, with commencement in the next semester following approval of application. Admission is highly competitive owing to limited enrolment capacities. At the application stage, the Faculty will determine the ability to supervise the project. Therefore, meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
This program is a professional and research doctorate directed at helping you to acquire and practise research knowledge and skills as you design, conduct and report doctoral level research about current and real world questions and topics. In doing so, the program provides you with maximum support and training to collect and analyse data and create new knowledge and understanding, and also to pursue new career opportunities.
Specialisations cover a wide range of areas and, depending upon the availability of research supervision, may include:
- Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Early Childhood Education
- Education Technology, Online Education and Flexible Learning
- Further Education and Training
- Language Education
- Leadership and Management in Education
- Mathematics Education
- Primary, Middle and Secondary Schooling
- Science Education
- Second Language Learning and Teaching, Bilingual Education and Call
- Special Education, Guidance and Counselling
- Teacher Professional Development
6 Coursework courses PLUS 16 – 18 Folio or dissertation courses PLUS up to 2 optional electives chosen from the Faculty of Education or other USQ Level 8 courses
Students who complete the coursework component of the Doctor of Education program and who are not able to complete the research component of the program will be able to transfer up to 8 units of credit to an appropriate postgraduate qualification in the Faculty of Education.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 18, 2015