Doctor of Finance
View Our Program Webpage Here!
The Doctor of Finance degree, D. Fin., is the highest level of professional qualification within the domain of finance for the practicing manager. The purpose of the D.Fin. is to provide the student with a solid grasp of all aspects of financial research at the doctoral level as they are applied to the practice of financial management in the day-to-day operations of the firm. Students pursuing this degree are interested in examining financial problems from an applied standpoint and are also capable of carrying out independent research at a doctoral level. Students entering this program are active within the professional financial industry or intend to enter professional business in the capacity of CFO, COO, CEO, V.P. Finance upon graduation.
The award of the D. Fin. degree is based on the completion of six (6) finance courses and a thesis of between 40,000 to 60,000 words in length. It should constitute a significant and substantial piece of applied research. The duration of the program is typically between three to four years of study. The maximum time allowed for completion of the degree is five years.
The D.Fin. is an internationally recognized degree equivalent to other Doctoral degrees. The successful candidate is allowed to use the title “Doctor” as is customary with the D. Phil., D.B.A. or Ph.D. degrees.
The Doctor of Finance program is designed as a distance program. Mixture of course-work and thesis, over 36 month period. Course-work is provided and carried-out using the “MyMonarch” Moodle platform.
The D.Fin. is comprised of six (6) finance courses taken before the research phase of the program. Upon completion of the course-work component the student enters the research phase of the program. The research phase of the program consist of two parts: 1. research methodology course, and 2. research completion. The research methodology course covers both qualitative and quantitative research methodology and design and is intended on providing the student with a solid understand of all aspects of research. The outcome of the research methodology course is the research proposal which describes the research contemplated by the student and provides a roadmap for completion.
To prepare students for the rigors of professional practice the Doctor of Finance program is designed with a course-work component. The course-work component consist of six (6) finance related courses taken in sequence. These are:
- Course #1: Fin 601-Advanced Corporate Finance (Course Outline)
- Course #2: Fin 605-Advanced Investments (Course Outline)
- Course #3: Fin-610-Advanced Derivative Pricing (Course Outline)
- Course #4: Fin-615-Advanced International Markets
- Course #5: Fin-620-Advanced Perspectives in Finance (Course Outline)
- Course #6: Fin-625-Advanced Real Estate Finance
Program Available To:
- Graduates from accredited undergraduate business programs with an average grade of B+ or above. Undergraduate students must demonstrate superior academic and personal qualifications in order to be accepted directly into Doctoral studies.
- Graduates from accredited master programs in finance or related fields with an average grade of B- or above.
- Graduates from the Monarch Business School Master of Finance or M. Phil. in Business Research programs.
UGSM-Monarch Business School Switzerland Is A Registered Member Of ACBSP, ECBE and ACUNS
This school offers programs in: