Apply Now! We are now accepting applications.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
CRICOS code: 031453C
Units to complete: 24
Duration: on campus 3 years full–time, distance 6 years part–time
Start date: Anytime
• English IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
• Demonstrate a high level of achievement in an approved honours degree (Level II A minimum) or research masters degree, in an area related to the proposed study and acceptable to the Committee
• Substantiated capacity to complete a significant individual original research study
Under the following conditions special admission may be approved by the Committee.
Applicants who do not satisfy the normal entry requirements must have an appropriate degree at a high level and:
• a coursework masters degree, together with industrial and/or research experience
• a coursework masters degree where a formal research methodology course and a research project have both been completed, with a GPA of 5.2 or higher.
Normally, all students will be enrolled as provisional candidates, with their status being reviewed within 12 months full-time or 24 months part-time enrolment.
Application forms and advice on procedures for enrolment may be obtained from the Office of Research and Higher Degrees. Intending students are advised to allow several months for discussion with potential supervisors, and for consideration of the application, prior to the commencement of the program.
This is a research degree offered by all faculties. It provides students with training to become an effective and competent researcher in their discipline of interest.
This program is based on supervision by a principal and an associate supervisor; therefore, it is essential that intending candidates clarify their topic for research and seek an academic staff member able to provide supervision.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 18, 2015