Doctoral Degree Programme Electrical Engineering and Communication
Taught in English
Applicants who have completed a Master degree of their study can apply for the PhD at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication (FEEC). Admission examinations are held once a year.
The Doctoral Study Program at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication is divided into 9 specializations:
- Biomedical Electronics and Biocybernetics
- Cybernetics, Control and Measurements
- Electronics and Communications
- Mathematics in Electrical Engineering
- Microelectronics and Technology
- Physical Electronics and Nanotechnology
- Power Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Theoretical Electrical Engineering
Full-time study at the FEEC generally takes 4 years.
Admission to a doctoral study is based on an official submission.
All applicants are required to submit the study application form electronically. The form will be accessible starting from the 1st of April. The non-refundable administrative fee covering the costs associated with admission procedures is stipulated through a corresponding directive of the Rector.
Certificate of recognition of higher education and qualifications acquired abroad is required. The certificate must be delivered to the Research Department of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication no later than one week before the date of the entrance examination.
All applicants are required to come to the entrance examination on the date and time that will be announced to them in writing. Another time can be granted only for health or other serious reasons.
Admission exams usually consist of:
- Discussion of the proposed dissertation thesis,
- Questions on theoretical electrical engineering,
- Questions concerning the field of study,
- A proof of English language knowledge*,
- Discussion on up to now scientific activity.
*English language knowledge will be proofed by a written test which will be held at the faculty Department of Foreign Languages (Technicka 10, Brno).
Based on the exam results, the admission committee will prepare a report of the exams. The final decision rests with the dean of the faculty.