Ph.D in Business Administration
Grenoble Ecole de Management
The PhD program at Grenoble Ecole de Management aims at educating scholars who will become faculty members in leading international business schools or universities. It is a 4-year full-time program, designed to ensure that students are involved very early on in research and develop a solid publication record during their PhD studies.
Phase 1: This phase lasts for two years. Years 1 & 2 are devoted to courses, seminars and joint research projects with faculty members.
During Phase 1, students receive a thorough and sophisticated training in the latest methods of inquiry and state-of-the-art knowledge.
Phase 2: This phase lasts between two and three years and is dedicated to dissertation work. Successful completion of Phase 1 is compulsory in order to move on to Phase 2.
The co-production of rigorous, high-impact research makes graduates from this program highly attractive on the academic job market.
Program applicants must meet these minimum qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A Master’s degree is a plus. Applicants must also send an application package which includes:
- GMAT, GRE or TAGE MAGE scores
- For non-native English speakers: results of an English test (TOEFL or TOEIC) taken less than 5 years ago
- Faculty recommendations
- Other factors such as work and research experience play a part in the acceptance decision. Prior coursework in business administration is not mandatory for this program. Courses in related disciplines such as economics, mathematics, engineering, statistics or psychology provide the student with the background necessary for integrating and understanding the concepts taught in the PhD program.
fees waived for students accepted on the program plus bursary to cover living expenses
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 1, 2016