Complete your PhD in Aviation alongside world experts at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Asia
Come Visit ERAU Asia - Next Open Day - Saturday February 25, 2017
A specialized program for specialized learning, delivered in partnership with the Singapore Aviation Academy!
You’ve earned your bachelor’s and master’s degrees, but you desire more. To take your education to an even higher level, Embry-Riddle offers a Ph.D. in Aviation. The first Ph.D. in aviation offered in the United States, this innovative program is designed to prepare students like you with cognitive research skills necessary to solve acute problems facing the field of aviation, and to advance the discipline.
Through the Ph.D. program, aviation professionals get the chance to pursue the discipline in a diverse, intellectually versatile, multidisciplinary environment.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University offers this program primarily online with the inclusion of three six-day residencies in partnership with the Singapore Aviation Academy. This way, you can continue working while you get your degree.
The Ph.D. program is open to aviation professionals who include flight crew members, air traffic controllers, industry technical representatives, aviation educators, government employees and others wishing to advance their knowledge and enhance their careers.
About the Ph.D. in Aviation
The mission of the Ph.D. in Aviation program is to produce outstanding scholars for careers in research and teaching in the aviation field. At Embry-Riddle, Ph.D. in Aviation students take part in a rigorous, research-driven program that pushes them to their greatest potential.
This is accomplished by focusing on Program Educational Goals. They are:
- Develop mastery of the central theories and concepts in the field of aviation, including foundations, safety management, economics, and regulatory procedures.
- Pose and solve theory-based and research-based problems designed to advance applications in the field of aviation.
- Extend the aviation body of knowledge by conceiving, planning, producing, and communicating original research.
- Develop and demonstrate expertise in instructional processes.
- Demonstrate leadership, collaboration, and communication necessary for scholarly work in aviation.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 10, 2017