PhD / DBA
Swiss School of Economics’s Doctoral programs (PhD / DBA) : a guarantee of excellence to tomorrow’s society by educating the best and most updated professors
The Swiss School of Economics Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) is designed to cultivate the leadership necessary to tackle the challenges of senior management on an international environment. A doctoral degree with managerial relevance allows top managers to deepen their expertise, contribute to the knowledge of their profession, and prepare themselves for the complex analyses and decision-making required of senior management. Our program emphasizes an understanding of management as a system, understood as it operates across organizations, sectors, and cultures.
The primary objective of the program is to empower senior managers, business owners, entrepreneurs, researchers, and faculty to continue to develop their respective professions through promoting advanced theories and practices. This program prepares candidates for careers in higher levels of managerial positions by encouraging intellectual contribution and the practical application of advanced business theory.
A program summary
- 14 months including 7 courses taught every second month.
- Additional research involves a total duration of 3-4 years.
- Doctoral students are a key asset to their own employer and to our institution by conducting intensive in-depth research in the field of economics, business and finance
- Doctoral research works are integrated in the future development of the university and serve as basis to pedagogical innovation. Works are published in the university’s journal and in external media
The program is designed for
Candidates may come from diverse professional backgrounds, from successful entrepreneurs to CEOs, to diplomats, consultants and a variety of other professions. DBA candidates would join this program to deepen their expertise, collaborate and network with their peers and faculty members, and prepare for the complex analyses and decision-making required of senior management. DBA candidates, traditionally, are a passionate, diverse group of working professionals joined in their desire to share and expand experiences and qualifications; stay current in today’s best business practices, and reap the benefits of an international education
- Master’s degree from a recognized institution or significant relevant experience
- Work experience: Average of 8 years of senior management
- Steady career progression with increasing professional responsibilities
- Certified English fluency level IELTS 7, CAE or TOEFL 100
- Qualified candidates must attend an interview with the Academic department
- Primary assessment by way of a Case Study or Research paper
14 months, over 3-4 years
This school offers programs in: