PhD in Accountancy
In the accountancy PhD program you will develop advanced research skills that will prepare you for a career in academia and other settings in which systematic and critical analytical skills are required.
This PhD may be undertaken in a project, thesis by publication or thesis mode.
You can specialise in:
- accounting education
- auditing, accountability and regulation
- financial accounting
- social and environmental accountability
- corporate governance.
You will undertake the PhD program under the supervision of an appointed research supervisor.
The PhD program is structured to enable you to:
- Complete a compulsory research methods course
- Receive training in research integrity and ethics
- Select studies in qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Complete a thesis/project which demonstrates your contribution to the field and your ability to communicate complex research for peers and the community to an international standard.
As an applicant for the Doctor of Philosophy you must have:
- a degree of Masters by Research from RMIT; or
- a degree of Masters by Coursework from RMIT which includes a research program with a duration of at least one semester full-time (or part-time equivalent); or
- a degree of Bachelor from RMIT with a minimum upper second honours; or
- another award as deemed equivalent; or
- such qualifications or experience as RMIT considers appropriate; or
- current candidature for an RMIT masters program approved for transfer to the Doctor of Philosophy program.
These entrance requirements are the minimum academic standard you must meet in order to be eligible to apply for the program. You will need to complete a selection task as part of your application.
English language requirements:
To undertake most research programs at RMIT, you must have achieved one of the following English proficiency test results within the last 2 years:
- Academic IELTS (minimum score) overall band of 6.5 with no individual band below 6.0
- TOEFL (Paper-based): minimum score of 580 (with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet-based): minimum score of 92 with a minimum of 20 in each section
- Cambridge English (Advanced CAE): CAE Grade B (no band less than Good)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic): minimum score of 58 (no band less than 50).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 6, 2016