PhD in Archotecture
The doctoral study programme in Architecture lasts 3 years (6 semesters) and is comprised of a total of 180 ects–credits.
The study programme includes 60 ects–credits in organized study form, and 120 ects–credits of individual research work (basic or applied research). The organized forms are comprised of a general, architectural module and interdisciplinary optional modules, as well as of an annual research presentation (ranging from the presentation of the study plan to the defence of the dissertation).
The scientific title acquired by the doctoral student in the field of architecture is: Doctor of Science. The abbreviated form of the title placed in front of the name is: Dr.
The programme trains the independent scientific researcher in the widest problem area of architectural issues, demonstrating responsibility towards the cultural region and excellence at an international level. Responsibility for architecture as both a field of scientific research and a cultural region derives from the significance of architectural design, the quality of buildings harmonizing with the environment, respect for natural and urban landscapes, which
is in the public interest. The quality of physical space is protected in the public interest by Slovenian and European
- in–depth understanding of theoretical and methodological concepts deriving from the essence of architecture as science and art, and directly or indirectly related to architecture;
- qualification to independently develop new knowledge in the area of architecture as a generic field and/or in narrowly specified topics that are of significance in architecture and its connectedness with other areas;
- qualification to solve the most demanding problems by testing and improving established and discovering new solutions in achieving quality in architecture;
- qualification to manage the most demanding work systems and scientific research projects in a wide professional or scientific scope of spatial planning and design, emphasizing the quality of architectural space;
- qualification to develop critical reflection – social, group and personal research and/or creation. Qualification to convey and communicate research results in the following cases:
- qualification of publishing scientific, professional and popular (for non–expert public) papers and other publications in the field of architecture;
- qualification for transfer of scientific achievements and knowledge into architectural practice.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 5, 2015