PhD studies in the area of Biology at LSU started in 1993. In the period of 1993 – 2013, 61 doctors of science were trained. In 2011, joint doctoral studies in Biological Sciences of Lithuanian Sports University and the University of Tartu (Estonia) were launched. Joint LSU and UT PhD studies in Biology consolidated research in the area of Biology, and they ensure more integrated and substantial investigations of scientific problems in biology.
Research of doctoral students in Biological Sciences involves many branches of biology:
- Animal anatomy and morphology,
- Animal physiology;
- General pathology,
- Molecular biophysics.
The duration of doctoral studies is 4 years.
Qualification of persons to be admitted
Having a Master's or equivalent qualification degree in the field of Biomedical Sciences or:
- The field of Biochemistry (04P) ,
- The field of Veterinary Medicine (02A),
- The field of Zoological Techniques (03A)
- Branches of Physical Education, Motor Learning, Sport (S273) or Research Methodology (S274).
Last updated October 27, 2015