Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering
An interdisciplinary program on the physical and chemical fundamentals of material synthesis, characterization, structure-property behavior, processing and computational modeling; with emphasis on practical laboratory experience.
Research areas of interest:
- Nanostructured materials
- Photonics & laser materials
- Polymeric materials & composites
- Fuel cells & hydrogen storage materials
- Processing & device applications
- Protein biochemistry & biotechnology
- Micro-optics & micro-nano system technologies
- EARLY APPLICATION DEADLINE : APRIL 21, 2013
- REGULAR APPLICATION DEADLINE: JUNE 16, 2013
Items listed below are only for applicant's information.
- Personal and Educational Background Information (CV)
- 3 Recommendation Letters
- TOEFL , IELTS or UDS&KPDS Requirement (for those whose native language is not English)
- New Internet Based: Minimum Score 80
- Computer Based: Minimum Score 213
- Paper Based: Minimum Score 550
- IELTS: Minimum Score 6,5
- UDS / KPDS: 87
- ALES scores (required for all Turkish nationals)
- GRE scores (required from foreign students; optional for Turkish students)
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
- Areas of Interest
Students admitted with a BS/BA degree will have the following offer:
Tuition waiver (33,500 TL/year) plus 1,150 TL monthly stipend, housing. The monthly stipend increases to 1,600 TL after the student passes the PhD qualifier.
Students admitted with a MS/MA degree will have the following offer:
Tuition waiver (33,500 TL/year) plus 1, 400 TL monthly stipend. The monthly stipend increases to 1,600 TL after the student passes the PhD qualifier.
- All students receive a laptop computer and private health insurance.
- Students with successful standing receive travel funds to attend scientific conferences and meetings.
- PhD students with higher GPA degrees may be offered super scholarship up to 2,500 TL.
- Students who receive their stipend from other sources (like TÜBİTAK scholarships or externally funded research grants and projects) are eligible for the following benefits provided by the university:
- Research Award: 1,300 TL
- Free Housing: This includes all costs except telephone expenses.
- Research Award for PhD students: 2,000 TL/year after they pass the qualifier.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 11, 2016