PhD in Computer Science
PhD program in Computer Science is to prepare students with the following abilities: Understanding of the theory and application on core areas of computer science, having management information systems and interdisciplinary informatics. Knowledge of the analysis, design, development, and implementation of current and future information technologies; Competence in conducting and managing high-quality, basic and applied research; Solid grounding in the fundamentals of academic teaching; Strong foundation in multidisciplinary and emergent areas in information technology. PhD in computer science requires that the student completes a minimum of 48 credit units.
Admission Requirements for the PhD Computer Science
Candidates seeking admission into Doctor of philosophy (PhD) in Computer Science at AUN, each applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Submit a duly completed application for Admissions form for the PhD Computer Science program
- Pay the Application fee of N10,000.00 To the AUN Graduate Fee Collection Account of Enterprise bank with account no. 1201010470
- Must have graduated from the American University of Nigeria; any other NUC accredited Nigerian University; or from any other foreign university which is duly accredited by the appropriate national or regional accrediting agencies of such country.
- To be admitted into PhD Computer Science program, the applicant must have earned a masters degree in Computer science , Information system or any computer related course
- Graduation certificates with verifiable grades and CGPA
- A personal statement of purpose (Essay) stating why the applicant chose AUN and what his/her dreams and ambitions are for the future (250 word).
- A copy of the current curriculum vitae
- Two or more recommendation letters from your present employer or academic instructor who is able to comment on the applicant’s potential for graduate academic work. The recommendation letter may not be written by a family member
Minimum Credit Units Requirements: 48
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 22, 2015