The structurte of doctoral programmes
Doctoral programmes include studies, research and preparation of a doctoral thesis. The full-time studies' duration is 4 years, part-time - 6 years. Upon completion of a doctoral programme and public viva voce defence of the thesis, the doctor’s degree is awarded.
The studies are organized according to each candidate's individual work plan. However, each candidate must gather at least 30 ECTS gained through study subjects (each programme includes 3-6 subjects). The other part of the studies is allotted to the groundwork, the research, publication of at least 2 scientific peer-reviewed articles, participation in scientific conferences, and completion of the doctoral thesis.
Primary admission criteria are described in the Regulation on Doctoral Training and Doctoral Studies Regulations of each science field. Applicant must be awarded a master's degree, present a research proposal and defend it in a Doctoral Committee's meeting. Also, the applicant should present his/her scientific publications (if there are any); in some fields a test in foreign language (English, French or German) is mandatory.
The Doctoral Committees specify additional admission criteria and procedures each year in spring.
Preparation of the thesis
Dissertation must be an original scientific work, which includes the overview of previous scientific research related to the subject, thesis objective and goals, research methodology and also novelty and practical significance of the dissertation. Conclusions should be presented in a separate part of the dissertation. The dissertation also includes the curriculum vitae of the author and his/her list of scientific publications.
After final preparation of dissertation and its summary, the dissertation is defended in a public event (unless the thesis includes commercial confidentiality). During the defence the doctoral candidate presents his/her thesis: research objectives and tasks, methodology, statements and main conclusions of the dissertation. The Board presents their opinions and participate in the scientific discussion after which the Board secretly votes for or against acknowledgement of doctoral degree award.
- Contemporary Theories of Philosofy of Education EDU8001 5
- Methodology of Social Research EDU8002 5
To choose four:
- Didactics of Higher Education EDU 9001 5
- Qualitative Research Methodology in
- Education EDU8003 5
- Quantitative Research Methodology in
- Education EDU8004 5
- Projects for Development in Education EDU8005 5
- Occupation and Psychological Human
- Development EDU8006 5
- Dimensions of Intercultural Education EDU9002 5
- Development of Creativity in the
- Contemporary Educational System EDU8007 5
- Contemporary Theories of Sociology of
- Education EDU9005 5
- Development of Educational Science, its
- Tendencies and Perspectives EDU9006 5
- Education Policy and Management: Identity and Globality EDU9007 5
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 8, 2016