PhD in Material Science and Engineering
An interdisciplinary program on the physical and chemical fundamentals of material synthesis, characterization, structure-property behavior, processing and computational modeling; with emphasis on practical laboratory experience.
- Research areas of interest:
- Nanostructured materials
- Photonics & laser materials
- Polymeric materials & composites
- Fuel cells & hydrogen storage materials
- Processing & device applications
- Protein biochemistry & biotechnology
- Micro-optics & micro-nano system technologies
EARLY APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 21, 2013
REGULAR APPLICATION DEADLINE: JUNE 16, 2013
Items listed below are only for applicant's information.
- Application Form
- Personal and Educational Background Information (CV)
- 3 Recommendation Letters
- TOEFL , IELTS or UDS&KPDS Requirement (for those whose native language is not English)
New Internet Based: Minimum Score 80
Computer Based: Minimum Score 213
Paper Based: Minimum Score 550
IELTS: Minimum Score 6,5
UDS / KPDS: 87
- ALES scores (required for all Turkish nationals)
- GRE scores (required from foreign students; optional for Turkish students)
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
- Areas of Interest
Students admitted with a BS/BA degree will have the following offer:
Tuition waiver (33,500 TL/year) plus 1,150 TL monthly stipend, housing. The monthly stipend increases to 1,600 TL after the student passes the PhD qualifier.
Students admitted with a MS/MA degree will have the following offer:
Tuition waiver (33,500 TL/year) plus 1, 400 TL monthly stipend. The monthly stipend increases to 1,600 TL after the student passes the PhD qualifier.
1. All students receive a laptop computer and private health insurance.
2. Students with successful standing receive travel funds to attend scientific conferences and meetings.
3. PhD students with higher GPA degrees may be offered super scholarship up to 2,500 TL .
4. Students who receive their stipend from other sources (like TÜBİTAK scholarships or externally funded research grants and projects) are eligible for the following benefits provided by the university:
Research Award: 1,300 TL
Free Housing: This includes all costs except telephone expenses.
Research Award for PhD students: 2,000 TL/year after they pass the qualifier.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 16, 2016