PhD in Mathematics
The department of Mathematics offers graduate courses leading to Ph.D. degree in Mathematics. The department emphasizes both pure and applied mathematics. Research in the department covers algebra, algebraic geometry, number theory, functional analysis, differential geometry, differential equations, combinatorics, topology, biomathematics, statistics, probability, stochastic analysis and mathematical physics. In addition to the following courses, students in this program can take any of the courses listed under the “M.S. in Mathematics” program or from other courses not listed here in accordance with their areas of specialization and subject to the approval of their advisors.
- Number Theory
- Differential Equations
- Molecular dynamics
- Mathematical Physics
- Numeric Analysis
- Probability and Stochastic Processes
- Algebraic Geometry
- Geometry and Topology
- EARLY APPLICATION DEADLINE : APRIL 21, 2013
- REGULAR APPLICATION DEADLINE: JUNE 16, 2013
Items listed below are only for applicant's information.
- Personal and Educational Background Information (CV)
- 3 Recommendation Letters
- TOEFL , IELTS or UDS&KPDS Requirement (for those whose native language is not English)
- New Internet Based: Minimum Score 80
- Computer Based: Minimum Score 213
- Paper Based: Minimum Score 550
- IELTS: Minimum Score 6,5
- UDS / KPDS: 87
- ALES scores (required for all Turkish nationals)
- GRE scores (required from foreign students; optional for Turkish students)
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
- Areas of Interest
Students admitted with a BS/BA degree will have the following offer:
Tuition waiver (33,500 TL/year) plus 1,150 TL monthly stipend, housing. The monthly stipend increases to 1,600 TL after the student passes the PhD qualifier.
Students admitted with a MS/MA degree will have the following offer:
Tuition waiver (33,500 TL/year) plus 1, 400 TL monthly stipend. The monthly stipend increases to 1,600 TL after the student passes the PhD qualifier.
- All students receive a laptop computer and private health insurance.
- Students with successful standing receive travel funds to attend scientific conferences and meetings.
- PhD students with higher GPA degrees may be offered super scholarship up to 2,500 TL .
- Students who receive their stipend from other sources (like TÜBİTAK scholarships or externally funded research grants and projects) are eligible for the following benefits provided by the university:
- Research Award: 1,300 TL
- Free Housing: This includes all costs except telephone expenses.
- Research Award for PhD students: 2,000 TL/year after they pass the qualifier.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 11, 2016