PhD studies in Education (Social Sciences) started in 1993. In the period of 1993 – 2013, 44 doctors of science were trained. Since 2011, LSU conducts joint doctoral studies in Education with the Lithuanian University of Educational Studies, Kaunas University of Technology and Šiauliai University.
Doctoral students in Education conduct research, covering the following areas:
- Physical education, motor learning, sport;
- Pedagogy and didactics;
- Teacher training;
- Research methods;
- Social welfare and support for disabled people.
The duration of doctoral studies is 4 years.
- scientific experience, scientific publications; their compliance with the field of science of Education, as well as the selected research and dissertation topic shall be taken into account;
- the average grade of Master degree or integrated studies and Final Thesis;
- grade in a foreign language (English, French or German), indicated in a diploma supplement of the first cycle, second cycle or integrated studies at a higher education institution (by choice) or in a certificate issued by a licensed foreign language center;
- motivational interview.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 3, 2016