The Doctorate in Business Administration at Horizons University is a research doctorate, where students make a contribution to both theory and practice, with a focus on the application of research, to real-life business problems. The Horizons University DBA is designed to help students reach their objectives of becoming experts in a given business field, and becoming competitive employees in the global marketplace. Students take business courses alongside their independent research in the area they want to specialize in.
The structure of a typical course will require students to read materials supplied by the university, study-related materials, and perform personal research on selected topics. Confirmation of learning may be determined via papers, projects, quizzes, or exams.
The DBA in Innovation and Creativity prepares students for leadership positions in global organizations, for careers as independent consultants, and skilled researchers in business-oriented activities.
The Horizons University DBA is accredited both by an American accrediting body – ACBSP – and a European accrediting body – ECBE. Both recognize Horizons University’s commitment to continuous improvement and focus on student learning outcomes. The accreditation distinguishes Horizons University because of its top Faculty, who meet demanding standards and are known for their teaching excellence. The accreditation is also a guarantee that students are learning skills that are valuable in the workplace.
- DBA651 - 10 ECTS: Theories of Innovation
- DBA673 - 10 ECTS: Business Research Methods
- DBA674 - 10 ECTS: Quantitative and Qualitative Methods
- DBA790 - 10 ECTS: Dissertation Proposal
- DBA652 - 10 ECTS: Innovation Strategies and Methods
- DBA653 - 10 ECTS: Creativity and Leadership
- DBA780 - 20 ECTS: Journal Writing
- DBA802 - 40 ECTS: Dissertation Writing
- DBA654 - 10 ECTS: Creativity in International Processes
- DBA655 - 10 ECTS: Diversity and Inclusion
- DBA810 - 40 ECTS: Dissertation Writing up and Defense
- Duration: 3 years
- Credit Value: 180 ECTS
- Admission Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent;
- Master’s degree in Business or equivalent;
- 3+ years working experience - Options available for those without business-focused degrees or work experience.
- Languages: English (online) or French (on-campus)
- Study Options: Online or On-Campus
- Tuition: 3200€ yearly
- Registration Fee: 60€ yearly
- Technology Fee: 80€ yearly
What Our Doctorate Students Say about the Horizons University DBA Program
“Very challenging and inspiring.”
“Interactive and practical.”
“This program will help me in my long term plan of setting up my own consultancy, specialized in the field of Supply Chain Management.”
“I chose this program because it will enhance my career development in International Business, General Management, and Entrepreneurship.”
“I chose this program because I aim to share my knowledge, and to teach at a high level.”
“I chose the program because of its flexibility, and because it gives me the opportunity to do research in my area of interest.”