The DBA program at Brentwood University is the highest academic degree which is designed for students who wish to pursue a professional career. The DBA is focused on both theory and applied research and will help the student to acquire leadership skills as an executive, consultant, or entrepreneur. At Brentwood University, we highlight international knowledge and experience. The program is designed for professionals with a current employment position or business owner.
Students who successfully complete the Doctorate of Business Administration degree program will acquire the following competencies:
- Conduct research with the aim of applying the findings to the real world of Business in all industries and countries,
- Visionary skills and projection in the future in a changing economic and business environment
- Making decisions in the real business world and more specifically, in the new international global Business World
- Conduct marketing research and answer to the new market in an ever-changing environment
- Develop and maintain a high level of teamwork and improve the social and economic environment for human resources,
To be awarded the Doctorate of Business Administration degree, all students must complete 60 core program credits. The core instruction is delivered in eight 6-credit hour courses, each lasting 8 weeks. In addition to 48 core credits, the student should complete the Grand Comprehensive Exam (GCE) and submit a final Dissertation for 12 Credit hours.
Doctorate of Business Administration Courses
The student is required to complete 8 out of 11 following courses for the completion of Doctorate of Business Administration program and the awarding of the DBA degree.
- BU 151201 Research Methodology (6 Credits)
- BU 151202 Managerial Accounting and Financial Management (6 Credits)
- BU 151203 Entrepreneurship and Leadership (6 Credits)
- BU 151204 Human resources Management (6 Credits)
- BU 151205 Business Intelligence (6 Credits)
- BU 151206 Essentials Of Project Management (6 Credits)
- BU 151207 Strategic Marketing (6 Credits)
- BU 151208 Leadership in International Multicultural Organization (6 Credits)
- BU 151101 Organization and Leadership (6 Credits)
- BU 151102 Innovation and Technology Leadership (6 Credits)
- BU 151106 Business Strategy (6 Credits)
- Dissertation (12 Credits)
Required Learning Materials
Each course will have a designated textbook that students are responsible for obtaining on their own. The Learning Management System (LMS) supports the use of additional learning materials, including multimedia lecture presentations, discussion forums, and e-Library reading materials collection. Course materials are at the discretion of individual faculty members, but undergo review and approval by the Chief Academic Officer prior to being used in a live course.
Currently, students at Brentwood University are not required to complete any practical internships or externships. As our university is catering to a majority of adult learners, they will already be engaged in employment in business or other fields. Brentwood University does not offer university credits for life or work experiences.
Graduate Employment Opportunities
Graduates of the Brentwood University programs can obtain employment in the marketplace with any employer who is willing to hire them. Statistics show that students who obtain their Doctorate can expect significantly higher lifetime earnings as compared to those with a bachelor or professional degrees only. Brentwood University does not offer job placement for graduating students, nor can it guarantee gainful employment to its graduates. Brentwood University can assist students with identifying reputable employment liaisons (agencies and headhunters) and can provide reference materials to help students with preparing their resumes or improving their interviewing skills.
Graduation Policy – Doctor of Business Administration Program
To receive a Doctor of Business Administration degree, a student must satisfy requirements related to semester credits, grade point average, program of study, and courses. Students who have met all requirements for graduation should submit an application for graduation to the Chief Academic Officer.
To obtain the Doctor of Business Administration degree, a student must complete the following:
- Earn a minimum of 60-semester credits by taking the 8 core DBA courses and complete the required dissertation.
- Maintain an institutional GPA of 2.0 (on a 4.0 system).
- Earn a minimum course grade of 2.0 (on a 4.0 system) for each course in the program.
The conferral date is the date on which the student’s degree is officially conferred. Upon completion of all required courses, submission of the graduation application, and resolving of any outstanding financial obligations, students who have met all academic and administrative requirements, will receive two official transcripts and their diploma.
Admission Requirements – DBA
Candidates considered for admission to the Doctor of Business Administration program will be evaluated on the basis of their academic qualifications, personal statement, application, and CV if required.
To be admitted to our Doctor of Business Administration program, students must provide evidence of meeting the following eligibility criteria:
- Students must have earned a Master Degree from an institution approved by the Bureau or previously approved by a predecessor agency of the Bureau; or an accredited institution in the United States or Canada; or other state-approved institution that documents that the institution at which the student earned his or her degree is equivalent to an institution that is approved by the Bureau; or an institution outside the United States or Canada and in addition provides a comprehensive evaluation of the degree performed by a foreign credential evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services(NACES), or in case the degree is awarded by an international institution, Brentwood University Administration may research and validate the degree.
- Students must pay all applicable fees, as per the current published fee schedule at the time of the signing or entering into an enrollment contract or make other arrangements acceptable to the school.
- This institution does not award credit for satisfactory completion of CLEP or other comparable examinations. This institution may award credit for experiential learning.
- This institution has not entered into an articulation or transfer agreement with any other institution.
- Must have 3 years of professional business experience, at least 1 of which were in a managerial role.
Instruction will be provided in no other language than English. For a student whose previous degrees was not completed in English, we will require a score of 500 on a paper-based TOEFL test or a score of 70 on the internet based test.
The TOEFL requirement does not apply to students who have received their high school diploma or the equivalent at an academic institution which has provided the instruction in the English language.
Similarly, the TOEFL requirement does not apply to students who have completed coursework, in English, at the college level OR who have completed the English test at this institution.
Program taught in: