Pepperdine University GSEP does not offer full scholarships. You can read more about the available opportunities for new students here. Pepperdine University GSEP also offers graduate assistance, teaching assistance, and research assistance opportunities. GSEP does not provide tuition reimbursements.
Hybrid Program for Leaders Driving Innovation
Our doctoral program in learning technologies prepares students to leverage computer-based and networked technologies to engage with learners. It is ideal for people with a solid level of comfort using various forms of technology and social media. The program draws professionals in K-12 education, post-secondary education, museums, libraries, corporations, government institutions, NGOs, and media enterprises.
This program supports the development of agency in our students in three ways. First, the curriculum blends basic and applied knowledge across disciplines. Second, our emphasis on experiential learning extends student vision beyond the local context. Third, our connections with organizations and institutions working in learning and media offer students access to an entire network of expertise.
- A scholar-practitioner model integrates theory and best practices
- A strong alumni network creates influential business connections
- The hybrid program format is specifically designed for the working professional
- Required national and international trips provide a global perspective on technology and learning around the world
- Small class sizes deliver an environment for strong faculty interaction, as well as long-term professional and personal relationships
- The curriculum emphasizes experiential learning and offers students access to leading researchers in the field
- A supportive learning environment and faculty with exemplary academic achievements and professional expertise
- Program Length / Units + Dissertation Units: 3.5 years average / 51 EdD units + (2 units per term until completion of dissertation)
- Unit Cost: $1,550
- Start Term: Fall
- Campus Location: West Los Angeles / Online Hybrid Program (Please note that your campus of choice cannot be guaranteed. Campus offerings are contingent upon availability and subject to change.)
- Fall Term 2018 Final Deadline: August 6, 2018, 11:59 PM PST
- Admissions for this program are rolling. Once an application is complete it is reviewed for admission. Applications received after the deadline are reviewed, and students are accepted on a space-available basis.
In an effort to process your application quickly, we only accept electronic application materials.
To apply for this program, please submit:
- Application for Admission with a nonrefundable processing fee.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A postgraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Official transcripts sent electronically via one of the approved companies listed on the GSEP website from the institutions that awarded the baccalaureate and master's degrees to the applicant as well as all transcripts from all other colleges or universities attended.
- Two recommendations: one from the applicant's employer and one from a work colleague that attest to the applicant's technology use. The online Professional Recommendation form should be emailed to email@example.com.Your application for admission with a nonrefundable processing fee.
- A two-page proctored essay on a selected topic. Applicants who do not perform satisfactorily on this essay may be required to attend a writing workshop course at GSEP such as ED 692. Alternatively, applicants may submit scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE—verbal and quantitative sections) taken within the past five years.
- A three-part statement, at least 2,000 words in length, describing (1) vision for technology, (2) experience or background in technology, and (3) personal goals related to the pursuit of this degree.
- A personal interview is required for all qualified applicants who apply to the program.
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV) is optional but recommended.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 7, 2018