The Program Mission is to develop outstanding scholars for careers in research and teaching at leading academic institutions throughout the world. The program involves a combination of course and research work over a period of approximately three to seven years. Ph.D. The program guarantees a challenging, focused, and meaningful experience.
This degree will build the graduate’s capacity in the areas of teaching and professional business research and ensures that graduates are placed in the leading positions in academia and businesses. The main objective of the program is to strategically affect all business and economics education in Central Asia, and foster international business techniques to assist in the development of Kazakhstan economy and educational system. With a team of internationally renowned professors and researchers and extensive partnership with some of the top business schools in the world, we are well prepared to deliver a quality Ph.D. program unrivaled in the entire region.
The Ph.D. Program’s distinct academic approach is designed to enable students to excel as researchers, educators, and scholars in the future. Throughout Ph.D. Studies experience, students focus on one of four areas of study.
Learning Goals and Objectives
The Ph.D. program at BCB aims at achieving the following goals:
- Create scholars who can advance business theory and practice,
- Develop effective business educators,
- Encourage analytical thinking, critical analysis, and innovative problem-solving.
In consideration of the program mission and goals, the Ph.D. program has established a set of learning objectives. Upon completion of the program the Ph.D. graduate should be capable of:
- Making significant intellectual contributions to the body of knowledge in their chosen field.
- Applying relevant theoretical knowledge to contemporary business problems.
- Applying a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Critically evaluating business research studies.
- Demonstrating superior oral and written communication skills.
- Gain expertise in respective areas such as management, finance, and accounting
Admission to the Ph.D. program is highly competitive. Admission is granted to candidates deemed most likely to complete and benefit from the program. The final decision on admission is based on a comprehensive assessment of the applicant’s overall qualifications and commitment to the program.
Requirements for admission to the Ph.D. program include:
- A master’s degree or equivalent from a nationally attested or internationally recognized university
- Official GMAT score of at least 600 or equivalent
- Official TOEFL score of at least 600 or equivalent
- At least three years of experience in a corporate, government, academia or non-profit organization.
- At least two professional letters of recommendation.
- A typed statement of purpose (500 words or less) that states the applicant’s academic and professional interests; how the applicant will benefit from the Ph.D. program professionally and personally; the applicant’s strengths and qualities that will enable him/her to complete a rigorous doctoral program; and the specific reasons for choosing KIMEP.
- A professional resume.
- An Admissions Interview
Download Ph.D. Research Proposal Form and Abstract Forms here:
- Ph.D. Research Proposal Abstract
- Ph.D. Research Proposal Form
Requirements for the Ph.D. program are as follows:
|Experimental Research work Including Dissertation||47|
|Experimental Research Work||17|
|Doctoral Dissertation Defense||4|
Ph.D. students may acquire specialized knowledge in the following areas:
- Accounting and Auditing;
*Students without sufficient business education background are required to undertake additional coursework as previously mentioned.
Martin Yongho Hyun, Ph.D., Associate Dean for Graduate Programs
Email address: email@example.com,
Phone: +7 727 270-44-40 (2141)
Tashanova Lazzat, Graduate Programs ManagerEmail address: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Phone: +7 727 270-44-40 (2356)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 17, 2018