The main goal of the faculty is to teach the future graduate to be able to apply psychological principles, knowledge, models and psychological methods (in accordance with ethics and current scientific advances) in a way that would help individual patients, social groups, organizations and companies in their development, well-being and effectiveness.
Teaching process at the faculty focuses on four main subjects – work and social psychology, consultation and social psychology. Academic staff is formed by reputable personalities in the area of the school, social, work and consultation psychology, as well as mediation. Apart from internal pedagogues, the faculty hosts classes taught by professional psychologists.
Accredited doctoral study program Academic Psychology focuses attention on a thorough orientation in the past and current trends, concepts and theories of social, educational and psychological phenomena, along with their application in the chosen area of research. Opportunities on the labor market for psychologists are very positive, especially in specialized areas.
The successful graduates of the doctoral study program Academic Psychology will have an ability to independently develop the issue of human being in the area of individual problems related to social and institutional interactions. They will be able to identify, formulate the problem, and to find a solution in the context of theoretical, methodological and practical knowledge. Also, they will be professionally competent to work with academic and research methods and to bring original and innovative procedures, methods and conclusions.
WHY Paneuropean university?
- Opportunity to achieve a professional doctorate and to conduct studies.
- Practice-oriented education aiming at real projects in cooperation with clients, supervised by a practically oriented team of university lecturers.
- The individualized approach towards its students, both in direct tuition and administration of studies. Tuition for small study and project groups.
- An up-to-date technical standard of equipment, comprising modern facilities and specialized laboratories in selected fields (Media Centre, Moot Courtroom, 3D IT laboratories)
- Strong strategic partnerships in delivering education and practical study experience, counting corporate partners such as IBM, Slovak Football Association, News and Media Holding, NARKS – National Association of Real Estate Agents, Asseco Central Europe, etc.
- A constantly renewed innovation of software available for students – free subscriptions for Microsoft Office 365, professional IBM software and access to the most prestigious scientific online databases. For Law students a free subscription for an automatized tool of legal information (ASPI).
- Opportunity to gain an international experience through Erasmus+ studies at one of more than 60 partner universities within Europe and more than 20 partner universities outside the EU.
- Opportunity to obtain the grant for special needs (social scholarship) and a grant for extraordinary study merits. The tuition fees may be paid in monthly or semester-based instalments.
- Cross-faculty studies – opportunity to conduct studies parallelly at 2 different faculties at a reduced tuition fee.
- Varied extra-curricular life, including discussion seminars, workshops, exhibitions, sports events, movie and cinema production presentations and student parties.