This research-driven program aims to further develop your current research skills in one of a number of key areas of biology. Working with your supervisors, you will be exposed to the many aspects of research activities including critical analysis of literature, identifying an area of contribution, gathering information, and communicating ideas through journal publications and conference presentations.
Tutorials will be conducted in an exclusive, one-to-one manner and supervisors will be on hand to support you throughout the duration of the program. Prior to enrolment, prospective candidates will have to consult Sunway’s qualified and experienced supervisors to ascertain the area of research.
January, March, June & September
- 3 Years (full-time)
- 4 Years (part-time)
- Lecturer/Science educator
- Postdoctoral/Research scientist
- Quality control/Health ad safety agencies
- R&D (Senior researcher)
- Senior laboratory manager
- Scientific/Medical write
- Scientific policy (government institutions)
- Research Design, Analysis, and Communication
- Research Ethics and Biological Safety, and
- Directed Readings and Academic Presentations to enhance their knowledge in research, in addition to the research thesis.
Areas of Research
- Cancer biology and therapeutics
- Cell biology
- Ecology and conservation
- Infectious diseases
- Molecular biology and genetics
- Neurodegenerative diseases
The Ph.D. is awarded based on the successful completion of a thesis. The thesis should demonstrate proficiency, criticality, and mastery in the subject or chosen area of research.
- Master’s Degree: A Master’s degree in biological sciences discipline or related field
- Other Qualifications: Any other qualifications will be considered on a case-to-case basis
English Language Requirements
- IELTS: 6.0
- TOEFL: 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 80 (internet-based)
- PTE Academic: 50 overall (minimum 46 in each skill)
About the School
For almost 30 years Sunway University has established a reputation both in Malaysia and overseas, as an inspiring educational leader. Perfectly harnessing the highest quality of academic personnel and ... Read More