This research-driven program aims to further develop your current research skills in one of a number of key areas of biology.
Working with your supervisors, you will be exposed to the many aspects of research activities including critical analysis of literature, identifying an area of contribution, gathering information and communicating ideas through journal publications and conference presentations.
Tutorials will be conducted in an exclusive, one-to-one manner and supervisors will be on hand to support you throughout the duration of the program. Prior to enrolment, prospective candidates will have to consult Sunway’s qualified and experienced supervisors to ascertain the area of research.
March & August
- 3 Years (full-time)
- 4 Years (Part-time)
Areas of Research
Our academics have expertise in the following research areas:
- Cancer Biology and Therapeutics
- Drug discovery
- Infectious diseases
- Ecology, Biodiversity, and Conservation
- Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Academia / Science Educator
- Postdoctoral / Research Scientist
- R&D (Senior Researcher)
- Scientific / Medical Writer
- Senior Laboratory Manager
- Scientific Policy (Government Institutions)
- Quality Control / Health & Safety Agencies
Candidates are required to take four modules namely Research Methodology, Research Ethics and Biological Safety, Directed Readings and Academic Presentations and Biostatistical Data Analysis to enhance their knowledge in research, in addition to the Thesis component.
The Ph.D. is awarded based on the successful completion of a thesis. The thesis should demonstrate proficiency, criticality, and mastery of the subject or chosen area of research.
- A Master’s Degree in Biological Sciences diciplines or related field.
- Any other qualifications will be considered based on a case-by-case basis.
English Language Requirements
- TOEFL 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), 80 (internet-based)
- IELTS 6.0;
- PTE Academic 50 overall (minimum 46 in each skill)
- Cambridge English (First) 75+;
- Cambridge English (Advanced) Minimum 67
Program taught in: