The aim of this programme is to produce scholarly graduates that are ready to become researcher, academician, consultant, specialist, entrepreneur and top management equipped with in-depth specialization and research skills. The programme shall develop graduates that are innovative and knowledgeable in the respective chosen field of study.
The programme is also hoped to produce scholars that are aware of the sustainability issues that are pertinent to computer science and information technology and the wider global context. In general, IUMW will deliver a programme that is tailored to the scholarly need of computer science and technology, information science and technology in general with the principles of entrepreneurship, innovation, and sustainability embedded into the DNA of the programme.
- Master’s Degree accepted by the University Senate and/or other qualifications as approved by the University Senate
- Master’s degree accepted by the University Senate and pass IELTS with band 6 or better, or TOEFL with a minimum score of 550
Two core courses
- Research Process and Academic Writing
- Research Design and Methodology
- Each student must present and defend his/her PhD research proposal. The student is only allowed to continue with his/her research to Phase Ill on passing of the defense of his/her proposal
Data Collection and Thesis Preparation
- The student proceeds to his/her data collection, data analysis, and thesis writing
- After submitting the thesis, the students are required to attend a Viva Voce to defend his/her thesis
Applicants are required to submit a comprehensive statement of the research which they propose to carry out.
The proposal should comprise of the following elements:
- Field of research
- Topic of research proposal
- Background or a brief literature review on the research topic
- Objective of study - explain the objectives that influence the research
- The methodology of study - explain the methods used in a study such as a library research, lab work, field work, etc.
- Work schedule
- Equipment required (where applicable)
- Brief bibliography
- The research proposal should contain between 1,500 - 2,000 words or about four (4) pages.
|1st Year (RM)||2nd Year (RM)||3rd Year (RM)||1st Year (RM)||2nd Year (RM)||3rd Year (RM)|
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 13, 2018