The study program International law is taught in the third cycle of university studies (doctoral studies) with the standard three-year-length of studies in the daily form and/or the four-year-length of studies in the external form.
Definition of a graduate´s academic profile:
A graduate of a doctoral study program in the study field of International law applies scientific research methods oriented to the areas of public international law, private international law and European Union law. On the basis of scientific methods of knowledge and research, a graduate can draft conceptual and systematic solutions and analyze sources of public international law, private international law, and European Union law. He/she ensures further development in the area of international law and its interdisciplinary connections within the national and international scientific environment.
Further, a graduate carries out teaching at the university level, as well as further education of experts in practice and he/she is also capable of performing analytical and conceptual tasks of an office worker employed in a public state body or an international organisation or an institution connected to the development and application of public international law, private international law and European Union law.
Career opportunities for a graduate:
A graduate of a doctoral study program in the study field of International law is eligible for carrying out the following professions:
- A research worker who does their research activities aimed at acquiring new knowledge about the area of international law, especially at universities, in research institutions and public state bodies;
- A university lecturer who is capable of teaching at universities and applying scientific knowledge, or do research activities aimed at acquiring new knowledge about the area of international law;
- legal professions mostly in the public state bodies that participate in the creation of drafts of rules of law and commenting on them, including legislative acts of the European Union, rules of private law with a foreign element and international treaties, as well as in the application of such rules of law that are valid in the area of international law and European Union law;
- Legal professions in international organisations, supranational organisations and institutions that participate in the creation and commenting on drafts of rules of law, including legislative acts of the European Union, rules of private law with a foreign element and international treaties, as well as in the application of such rules of law that are valid in the area of international law and European Union law
WHY Paneuropean university?
- Opportunity to achieve a professional doctorate and to conduct studies.
- Practice-oriented education aiming at real projects in cooperation with clients, supervised by a practically oriented team of university lecturers.
- The individualized approach towards its students, both in direct tuition and administration of studies. Tuition for small study and project groups.
- An up-to-date technical standard of equipment, comprising modern facilities and specialized laboratories in selected fields (Media Centre, Moot Courtroom, 3D IT laboratories)
- Strong strategic partnerships in delivering education and practical study experience, counting corporate partners such as IBM, Slovak Football Association, News and Media Holding, NARKS – National Association of Real Estate Agents, Asseco Central Europe, etc.
- A constantly renewed innovation of software available for students – free subscriptions for Microsoft Office 365, professional IBM software and access to the most prestigious scientific online databases. For Law students a free subscription for an automatized tool of legal information (ASPI).
- Opportunity to gain an international experience through Erasmus+ studies at one of more than 60 partner universities within Europe and more than 20 partner universities outside the EU.
- Opportunity to obtain the grant for special needs (social scholarship) and a grant for extraordinary study merits. The tuition fees may be paid in monthly or a semester-based installments.
- Cross-faculty studies – opportunity to conduct studies parallelly at 2 different faculties at a reduced tuition fee.
- Varied extra-curricular life, including discussion seminars, workshops, exhibitions, sports events, movie and cinema production presentations and student parties.