The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Management is to prepare candidates is designed to allow candidates gain knowledge and skills necessary to function at the highest academic and professional levels. The objectives of the programme are to produce graduates who should be able to apply systematic comprehension and in-depth understanding of knowledge and skills in the field of management. The graduates are also able to express ideas and opinions critically and effectively in writing and oral presentation as well as recognizing new approaches in providing management based research findings.
The learning outcomes are designed to address the eight important aspects which cover the knowledge, practice, and skills, social skills, communication, leadership and teamwork, information management, lifelong learning, managerial and entrepreneurial skills. Generally, the emphasis on leadership, quality education, managerial and entrepreneurial skills as well as professionalism are well-covered in the programme.
The programme is structured to support the completion of all requirements between three to five (3 – 5) years for those enrolled as full-time and four to six (4 – 6) years for those registered on a part-time basis.
- Advanced Research Methodology
- Advanced Quantitative Analysis
- Advanced Qualitative Analysis Techniques
- Advanced Research Ethics
- Proposal and Thesis Writing
- Seminar on Current Issues in Management
- Proposal Preparation
- Proposal Submission
- Colloquium 1
- Year 2
- Review of Literature 1
- Review of Literature 2
- Pilot / Preliminary Study
- Proposal Defense
- Data Collection
- Data Analysis
- Colloquium 2
- Year 3
- Thesis Writing and Review of Thesis
- Colloquium 3
- Submission of Thesis & Final Defense
Academic Entry Requirements
You must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for entry to the UNITAR Ph.D. Programme:
- A Master’s Degree recognized by the University Senate;
- Other qualifications equivalent to a Master’s Degree that is recognized by the University Senate;
- A pass in SPM with a minimum credit in English subject or its equivalent;
- For international students, a minimum score of 550 in TOEFL or a minimum score of 6.5 in IELTS. The validity of both qualifications is two (2) years from the awarded date.
- A Master’s Degree from an institution which uses English as the medium of instruction;
- Pass an internal assessment (oral examination) set by the university, with a minimum grade of C. The panel for the assessment shall comprise of two senior members of the faculty/school and a representative from the English Language Department from UNITAR Foundation School (UFS) or other relevant departments. The panel is appointed by the Dean / Director of the respective faculty/school/ centers. Any additional assistance will be provided by the staff from the English Language Department.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 9, 2018