Doctor of Philosophy in Theology – 60 credits
This program will equip the student to know the methods of qualitative, historical, and practical theological research, to grow in understanding of the biblical, historical and theological warrants for contemporary ministerial practice and to develop effectiveness in the expository communication of Scripture, through oral and written media.
- BI8606 Harmony of the Gospels
- CH7037 Assessment for Excellence
- CM7405 Homiletic Applied
- MN7521 Study of the Church Growth Movement
- MN8106 Spiritual Authority I
- MN8107 Spiritual Authority II
- TH7310 Eschatology II
- TH7413 Angelology
- TH7420 Apologetics
- TH8416 Mission Theology
- IN7601 Scientific Investigation: Theory
- IN7602 Scientific Investigation: Project
- IN8603 Thesis: Research
- IN8604 Thesis: Writing
- IN8605 Thesis: Defense
Electives (3) – 9 credits
The student completing the Doctor degree in Theology will:
- Understand the dynamics of congregational analysis.
- Integrate Theological understanding with human need in a contemporary framework.
- Develop effectiveness in the exposition and communication of the Scriptures both orally and in writing.
- Enrollment Agreement filled and signed.
- Diplomas of previous studies.
- Official Transcripts of previous studies.
- Copy of official identification.
- Debit Authorization (if desired).
- A passport-type photo.
- Pastoral Ordination if it were the case.
- Master degree in the same area or in related areas of study.
Steps to Enroll
- Application: Complete the Enrollment Agreement sent by e-mail by the Student Services Department of FCU, sign and scan the document.
- Documents: Send the Enrollment Agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org attached with all the documents necessary or send them by mail.
- Evaluation: After receiving the Enrollment Agreement and the copies of the requested documents, verification will be made by the corresponding departments. FCU will contact the students if additional documents are required. Transcripts must be official and sent directly from the university in a sealed envelope.
- Payment: If the student completes the Agreement and submits all required information, the next step is to pay the $260 Application and Enrollment fee, which is applicable to any program. (Application $40 & Registration & Processing Fee $110.00 – are not refundable + USD $110.00 Evaluation – refundable).
- Enrollment: Should the student’s Agreement require additional analysis by the Institution, the student will be informed immediately. After being approved, the student will be effectively enrolled and will receive a welcome letter, the Catalog, and the Student Handbook. After that, the online student will receive an e-mail with information on how to access the Student’s Portal and the template to be used their assignments. On-campus students will receive their class schedule. The Student ID Card will be sent by mail. Now the student is ready to begin their classes!
Mode of Study
Three-Course Delivery Methods: Face-to-Face/Synchronous.
Classes start immediately after enrollment, on an ongoing basis. For on-campus courses, invitations are sent out and students confirm their presence a minimum of (2) two weeks prior to the course date.
About the School
Founded on August 29th of 1985, FCU always had the mission of providing Higher Education in a practical and accessible way, to professionals and ministers, preparing them to accomplish their callings ... Read More