The Doctor of Science and Management (DSM) ITB aims to create a new generation of scholars with expertise in research who are able to contribute their research findings to the development of management science in general. To achieve this goal, we provide graduates with an outstanding and intellectually challenging research environment.
At the end of their course of study, it is expected that graduates will not only possess an authoritative knowledge of management science but will also be familiar with relevant analytical tools in such topics as economics, human resources and organizational behavior, maths, and statistics. The program is also designed with a focus on problem-solving, development theory, and business implementations skills.
Management Science incorporates various disciplines with the aid of which it explains concepts of managing resources (people, methods, machines, and money) to achieve expected organization goals. Consequently, the DSM is suitable not only for those who have a management or economics background but also for others who have the desire to develop and implement management science in their professional endeavors.
The DSM is a Doctoral Program which progresses linearly from the Undergraduate Program, the Graduate Program in Business, and the Graduate Program in Management Science of the School of Business and Management. However, the DSM is open to students from social sciences, engineering, and other disciplines that follow a special pathway known as the Non-Linear Doctoral Program.
The DSM offers a 3-year program comprising 6 semesters with 44 credit hours.
- A Master degree with a minimum GPA of 3.25
- Academic Potential Test (TPA) from Oto-Bappenas with a minimum score of 550
- The applicant who already has a TPA certificate from UPP Bappenas with a minimum score of 550 should submit the original certificate along with the supporting documents to Study Program. Those who have got the TPA score should undertake the TPA on the schedule as described below
- English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT) ITB with a minimum score of 113 or ITP-TOEFL from ETS.org with a minimum score of 550 (pBT) / 213 (cBT)/ 79 (iBT) or IELTS 6.5
- The applicant who already has a TOEFL certificate from ETS.org or ELPT ITB or IELTS with the above score should submit the original certificate along with the supporting documents to the Study Program. Those who have not got the TOEFL score should undertake the ELPT ITB on the schedule as described below.
- A completed application form and the relevant documents
- An interview with a designated DSM-ITB faculty member. The applicant will need to show his or her final project/thesis/published research to the interviewer.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 14, 2018