The PhD in Electronics and Computer Engineering aims at providing the students with skills, competencies and methods which allow them the ability to conceive, design adapt and perform a high-level scientific research project, according to internationally recognized quality and innovation parameters.
The specific domain of this course is Electronics and Computer Engineering, including the following scientific areas:
- Automation, Control, and Robotics,
- Power Electronics and Embedded Systems
- Instrumentation, Sensors, and Actuators
- Microtechnologies and Microsystems
- Telecommunication Systems and Services.
The conclusion of this PhD implies a curricular component (doctoral course) and a dissertation. The course is comprised of transversal Curricular Units (CU), a dissertation planning CU and advanced training CUs, in a total of 60 ECTS.
The presentation of each edition of the PhD course will define the list of final CU?s.
Access to higher education
The conclusion of this Doctoral degree allows the realization of research activity at the post-doctoral level.
Access to this cycle of studies requires an application to the School of Engineering of the University of Minho.
- MSc in Electronics and Computer Engineering or similar area;
- 1st cycle degree in Electronics and Computer Engineering, or similar, provided that the CV confirms an adequate scientific preparation.
- 1st Phase 24th August to 4th September, 2015 (Academic Year 2015/2016)
- 2nd Phase 4th to 15th January, 2016 (Academic Year 2015/2016)
- 3rd Phase 4th to 15th January, 2016 (Academic Year 2016/2017)
Program taught in: