Doctoral Programme in Fashion Design
The Doctoral Programme in Fashion Design is a course in the association between the University of Minho and the University of Beira Interior, accredited by A3ES, and with the collaboration of professors from other Portuguese higher education institutions such as the FAULisboa and ESART.
The doctoral degree in Fashion Design aims to stimulate research and development in Fashion Design, focusing on innovation and transdisciplinary through various areas, including Fashion Design, Design, Materials and Technologies, Textile Design & Management and Drawing.
The 3rd studies cycle in Fashion Design integrates and follows the philosophy of the educational programs offered by the associated institutions, that starts with the 1st studies cycles in Fashion Design and Marketing (UM) and Fashion Design (UBI), followed by the 2nd studies cycles in Fashion Communication Design (UM), Design and Marketing (UM), Fashion Design (UBI) and Branding e Fashion Design (UBI-IADE).
Access to higher education
The conclusion of this Doctoral degree allows the realization of research activity at the post-doctoral level.
Access to this cycle of studies requires an application to the School of Engineering of the University of Minho.
May apply for access to the course of study leading to a doctoral degree in Fashion Design:
- Holders of a master's degree or legal equivalent;
- Holders of a degree, possessing an academic or scientific curriculum, particularly relevant that is recognized as attesting the capacity to carry out this cycle of studies by the legal competent scientific board of the university where they wish to be admitted;
- Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum recognized as attesting the capacity to carry out this cycle of studies by the legal competent scientific board. For purposes of the preceding paragraphs, we consider areas suitable for application to the 3rd cycle of studies: Fashion Design, Product Design, Design, Design and Marketing, Textile Engineering and related areas deemed appropriate by the legal competent board.
- 1st Phase 24th August to 4th September 2015 (Academic Year 2015/2016)
- 2nd Phase 4th to 15th January 2016 (Academic Year 2015/2016)
- 3rd Phase 4th to 15th January 2016 (Academic Year 2016/2017)
Program taught in: