Doctoral Programme in Mechanical Engineering
The Doctoral Program in Mechanical Engineering aims at complementing the training of MSc and graduates in Science and Engineering, granting advanced education in traditional and emergent areas of Mechanical Engineering. Such areas include Biomechanics, Energy and Environment, Advanced and Functionalized Materials as well as Mechanical Design and Precision Manufacturing amongst others.
The Doctoral Program also aims at developing skills for research and experimenting methodologies which allow the autonomous development (both individually or in research teams) of research and development activities (R&D), covering all aspects of the R&D process: state of the art, project planning, selection and application of the research methods and procedures, report writing with R&D results, etc.
Access to higher education
The conclusion of this Doctoral degree allows the realization of research activity at the post-doctoral level.
Access to this cycle of studies requires an application to the School of Engineering of the University of Minho.
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering, or similar areas, legally equivalent.
- 1st cycle degree in Mechanical Engineering, or similar, provided that the CV confirms an adequate scientific preparation.
- 1st Phase 24th August to 4th September 2015 (Academic Year 2015/2016)
- 2nd Phase 4th to 15th January 2016 (Academic Year 2015/2016)
- 3rd Phase 4th to 15th January 2016 (Academic Year 2016/2017)
About the School
The School of Engineering is active in traditional fields of Engineering, as well as in emerging and unique areas at national level. It is characterised by a strong research component, the excellence ... Read More