The high demand to develop and optimize processes in industrial, food, agriculture, health and diagnostics sectors, among others, has encouraged the incorporation of biotechnological techniques for generating new products and services.
Thus developments in the field of biotechnology, manage to benefit a large segment of the population, given its vast areas of application. Graduates of professionals PhD in Biotechnology ITESM are able to function in the academic, scientific and industrial field, both in implementation and knowledge generation. This allows them to develop innovative and sustainable technology for the benefit of society.
Doctorate in Biotechnology aims:
- Train scientists capable of producing scientific knowledge to establish innovative technologies relevant to the art biotechnology sector, with particular emphasis on the food and pharmaceutical areas and life sciences.
- Train leaders or collaborators in the research areas mentioned within groups of national and international research.
Particularly within the program seeks to train researchers:
- Independent, capabilities, knowledge and skills to identify opportunities, develop and manage relevant projects and relevant to the development of Mexico biotechnological research.
- Recognized for its ability to create awareness and promote technological solutions in the biotechnology area research centers, sectors: productive, educational, academic and social life.
- Able to link with the productive sector so that the fruits of research are translated into improved technologies, processes and products that drive the country's development.
- Able to create, disseminate and transmit knowledge in an ethical manner with a high sense of responsibility and social commitment.
Doctorate in Biotechnology is aimed at:
- Graduates related to Chemical and Biological Sciences, biochemical, chemists, biologists, doctors and engineers in areas of Biotechnology, Agronomy, Food, Chemistry and Pharmacy programs
- The candidate must have:
- Academic excellence, proficiency in a second language (English) and have vocation researcher in any field of knowledge that promotes the doctoral program history.
- Full-time availability to attend the program, writing skills and oral communication in Spanish and English, interest and research skills.
- Capacity of written and oral communication, interest in the development of research, and dedication to a combined work full learning in the classroom and laboratory.
Program taught by teachers with doctorate degree and professional experience of the School of Engineering and Sciences ITESM.
This program has accreditations and recognitions from national and international institutions such as:
- Program accredited by the National Register of Quality Graduate (PNPC) of COCyT.
- Commission on Colleges of the Association of Schools and Colleges South America (SACS).
- Tecnologico de Monterrey is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Association of Schools and Colleges South America to grant professional degrees and degrees of masters and doctorate.
- National Quality Graduate Program (PNPC) of the National Council of Science and Technology (COCYT).
- Official recognition of the Ministry of Public Education of Mexico.
the active participation of students in their professional and personal through individual and collaborative learning promotes training. This model also allows students to build their knowledge with the guidance of experienced teachers in their field and teaching.
- GI5000 Research and innovation methods
- OP4000 Course stamp
- OP5062 Optional I
- OP5063 Optional II
- OP5064 Optional III
- GI5011 Research Proposal I
- OP5065 Optional IV
- OP5066 Optional V
- OP5067 Optional VI
- GI5012 Research Proposal II
- GI5014 Research Seminar I
- OP5068 Optional VII
- OP5069 Optional VIII
- OP5070 Optional IX
- GI5013 Research Proposal III
- GI5017 Targeted research I
- OP5071 Optional X
- OP5072 Optional XI
- GI5018 Targeted research II
- GI5019 Targeted research III
- GI6021 PhD Research I
- GI6022 PhD Research II
- GI5015 Research Seminar II
- GI6023 PhD Research III
- GI6024 PhD Research IV
- GI6025 PhD research V
- GI6026 PhD Research VI
- GI6027 PhD Research VII
- GI6028 Doctoral Research VIII
- GI5016 Research Seminar III
- GI6029 PhD Research IX
- GI6030 Doctoral research X
- GI6031 PhD research XI
- GI6000 Doctoral Defense
- GI6032 Doctoral research XII
- GI6033 PhD Research XIII
- GI6034 PhD Research XIV
Graduates of PhD in Biotechnology are scientists able to produce innovative biological knowledge relevant to establish cutting-edge technologies for the food and pharmaceutical sectors, as well as understand basic phenomena in the field of life sciences. In groups of national and international research they have the potential to serve as leaders or collaborators in areas such as nutraceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, bioinformatics, bioprocess, cancer, cardiovascular sciences, stem cell biology, biomedical devices, biophysics, immunology and metabolism, among others.
The results of their findings should be refereed for publication in: conferences, articles, indexed journals or patents. This transfer of knowledge as well as all his professional accomplishments must follow the legal, ethical and official standards.
Graduates from this program will be able to:
- Understanding the application of basic science and research methods in the areas of cell biology, physiology, biochemistry and bioprocess engineering.
- Using research skills, including translational research, critical thinking, safety practices in the laboratory and experimental planning.
- Design experiments, from identifying problems to the interpretation of the results.
- critically analyze the results and data with advanced statistical tools such as bioinformatics and storage and data management (data mining).
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing with his colleagues, mentors, researchers, society and sponsors.
- Make decisions with scientific judgment and critical thinking in his practice as an investigator following the legal, ethical provisions and official government regulations.
- Have master's degree.
- Have obtained a less than average 90/100 or equivalent in their Masters.
- Get a score less than 550 on the Test of English TOEFL.
- Present Admission Test Graduate Studies (PEAP) ITESM and get a score less than 600 points.
- 3 exams own present knowledge of the area of study and approve (70/100) at least 2 of the 3 tests.
- Academic interview with the program director.
- Submit an application for admission accompanied by all the required documents.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 23, 2017