A 36-month business program designed to meet the needs of high-achieving business professionals who wish to enhance thier business education through original research. The program builds on the business acumen of previously undertaken graduate studies, using global intelligence as a focus to equip graduates with the skills needed to solve business problems, regardless of the context. The program offers all the academic rigour of a traditional PhD but is largely tailored to an executive audience and researchers who want a qualification that is practical and relevant to the organsations they work at.
The program commences with structured coursework designed to build research competencies, followed by a research project that applies those competencies to improve business practices or to add new practices.
- The program can be completed in three years full-time, or part-time in an equivalent period.
- The first year offers structured coursework assessed by examinations to prepare students to undertake a research project.
- The coursework component comprises four courses, completed over four terms in a year: Research methodology and literature review, Case methodology and qualitative research, Statistical tools and techniques for research, and Research proposal and ethics. Learning is assessed during the course and by a final examination.
- Under the guided supervision of an academic, students undertake a large research project over two years that significantly contributes to business practice. Upon completion, the thesis is sent to scholars who are experts in the field for examination.
PROGRAM ARCHITECTURE & DELIVERY
All of the 4 Advanced Coursework (core subjects) must be completed in Year 1 of the program. Each subject has 40 contact hours and is taught over 5 weekends (4 hours per day). Students are given a week to prepare for an exam and a week’s break after the exam. It is thereby estimated that a course can be completed within 2 months. These courses are not inter-dependent, and are offered on a rolling basis.
Face-to-face classes are offered in Sydney during the weekends, providing minimum disruption to the working schedules of students. Distance learning is offered at S P Jain’s international campuses in Dubai, Singapore and Mumbai.
Competencies and research skills are built using business simulations, practical exercises, videos, audios, case studies, and lively classroom discussions that draw on students’ prior work experiences for learning. Upon successful completion of the coursework component, a large research project is undertaken anywhere in the world. During this period, an academic with expertise in the research area provides guided supervision to students, by regularly having face-to-face and/or online meetings.
The academia at S P Jain encourage collaborative research across disciplines, industries and specialisms that contribute to the changing scenes in the business world. They regularly receive awards for the best research in top academic journals, and their research and opinions are cited by leading international media publications like Bloomberg, Forbes and BBC.
Our faculty’s repertoire of work is one of the top reasons why students choose to study at S P Jain.
To enrol in the program, applicants must have:
- A Master’s degree from a recognised University or equivalent as recognised by the DBA Committee of S P Jain and
- At least three years of experience
- An international applicant whose undergraduate and postgraduate degree is not in the medium of English may be required to take an English language test and show an acceptable score prior to course commencement.
English Language Requirement: IELTS: 6.5/ TOEFL iBT: 70 (minimum)/Pearson Test of English: 60 (minimum)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 8, 2016