The Doctorate in Humanistic Studies (DEH) seeks to generate knowledge from the field of the humanities, through interdisciplinary research of high quality, with the intention of expanding the horizons from which a critical reflection on the current environment and its challenges can be generated.
The DEH seeks to train independent researchers with skills, knowledge and skills to propose, develop and advise national and international research projects in their area of expertise; generate new knowledge in the field of the humanities; and develop social entrepreneurship projects with a high capacity to respond to the needs of the community.
The program offers four lines of research that allow deepening, understanding and offering perspectives to the dilemmas of contemporary culture. These lines are: Science, technology and society; Communication and media; Studies of historical, cultural and literary discourse; and Ethics.
Program taught by professors with the degree of "doctorate" and professional experience of the School of Humanities and Education of the Tecnológico de Monterrey.The 80% of the Academic Faculty belongs to the National System of Researchers (SNI).
This program has accreditations and recognitions from national and international institutions such as: Program accredited by the National Graduate Certificate of Quality (PNPC) of CONACyT Commission of Universities of the Association of Schools and Universities of the South of the United States (SACS).
The Tecnológico de Monterrey is accredited by the Commission of Universities of the Association of Schools and Universities of the South of the United States to grant professional degrees and academic degrees of masters and alt = "doctorate." Contact the Commission of Universities at 1866 Southern Lane , Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, or call (1) 404-679-4500 (1) 404-679-4500, for questions about the accreditation of the Tecnológico de Monterrey Recognition of official validity of the Secretariat of Public Education of Mexico .
The active participation of students in their professional and personal education is promoted through individual and collaborative learning. This model also allows the student to build their knowledge with the guidance of expert teachers in their professional field and in teaching.
I direct to
The program is aimed at people who seek to develop from an interdisciplinary perspective a training with which they can specialize, in their fields of study, generate knowledge and skills through research that contribute to the development and social improvement of the country. In particular, it is aimed at:
- Academics that face creatively and adequately the challenges and needs of social entrepreneurship, indispensable in new globalized and digital contexts.
- Leaders and collaborators of non-governmental organizations that promote the understanding of society and its current processes to guide its action.
- Professionals who are practicing in the private, public and social sectors, whose interests or work needs require developing an innovative humanistic and social profile.
- People interested in strengthening the higher education system through the exercise of teaching and research.
The Doctorate in Humanistic Studies aims to:
- Propose, develop and advise national and international research projects, in their area of expertise, from the approach to the execution.
- Generate new knowledge in Humanities, particularly in the areas of their specialty, through peer-reviewed scientific publications, such as articles (in Scopus journals), chapters in books, books or the development of innovative educational programs.
- Develop social entrepreneurship projects with high capacity to respond to the needs of the community.
- Belong to the National System of Researchers of CONACYT or similar, if it resides outside Mexico.
- Be a creator in the National System of Creators or similar, if you reside outside of Mexico.
Lines of investigation
The Lines of Generation and Application of Knowledge (LGAC) in which the Doctorate in Humanistic Studies focuses are:
- Science Technology and Society. This LGAC seeks to study the complex relationships between society, technology, science and culture, and their consequences, from epistemological to economic.
- Communication and media. This line of research focuses on the explanation and analysis of the media in contemporary society, particularly in its participation in the construction of the social.
- Studies of historical, cultural and literary discourse. This line of research seeks to study the different manifestations of discourse in its written, digital or audiovisual supports from historical, artistic and literary approaches
- Ethics. This line seeks to be a domain of knowledge generation in which the movements and tendencies of current society, interpreted from different perspectives, are questioned from an ethical-philosophical perspective.
About the School
El Tecnológico de Monterrey es una institución de carácter privado, sin fines de lucro, independiente y ajena a partidos políticos y religiosos. Fue fundado en 1943 gracias a la visión del empresario ... Read More