The purpose of the PhD in Psychology is to train researchers on the psychological, with a pluriparadigmatic approach, both within the discipline -in its conceptualization and methodological approach- and in the commitment to an interdisciplinary work. The program is framed in the interest of the University to privilege the social construction of meaning, socially relevant research in its environment and commitment to the construction and strengthening of an inclusive society, respectful and defender of human dignity. The program is structured around five lines of work that reflect the academic and research trajectory of the Faculty: Well-being and integral health; Social and armed conflicts: psychosocial approaches towards the construction of a culture of peace; Construction of knowledge in educational contexts; Families, crianzas and contexts and Psychology, work and subjectivity.
- Title granted: Doctor in Psychology.
- Modality: On-site, with dedication of 20 hours per week.
- SNIES: 105986
- Estimated duration: 8 semesters.
- Qualified registry resolution: 20594 of November 1, 2016, valid until November 1, 2023.
- Registration fee: $ 15,239,000 / Semester *
- Type of training: Postgraduate
- Place where it is offered: Bogotá DC
* The registration value corresponds to the cost per period fixed for the year 2019.
The organization of the syllabus of the Doctorate in Psychology is made from two curricular components: investigative and foundation.
It propitiates the understanding of the epistemological, theoretical and ethical presuppositions of psychology, which allow the formulation of questions from a disciplinary and interdisciplinary perspective and its approach in a systematic and rigorous way for the production of knowledge and its dissemination in academic communities.
- Contemporary Debates in Psychology
- Directed studies
It deepens in the reflection on the constitution of the subject, the subjectivities and the intersubjectivities in contexts of interaction. This component promotes reflection on the pluriparadigmatic and methodological developments of the discipline that have characterized the investigative approaches to the psychological. At the same time, it encourages discussion and debate from an ethical-political perspective, around central questions of the psychological, from a social, historical, political and legal perspective.
- Research tutoring
- Doctoral thesis
- Line seminar
- Ethics of research in Psychology
Profile of the applicant
The program is aimed at psychologists and professionals in the areas of social, human and health sciences, who have a master's degree and at least one year of research experience relevant to the discipline, in one of the Doctorate lines.
The graduate of the Doctorate in Psychology offered by the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana is able to:
- Formulate, design and develop research programs and projects that generate psychological knowledge.
- Conduct autonomous research, articulated to research groups and / or national and international academic networks.
- Develop research from the discipline in a permanent dialogue with the interdisciplinary, which allow to expand and make more complex the understanding of the problems addressed.
- Develop research that generates alternatives to socially relevant problems, seeking the construction of a more just, equitable, inclusive and humane society.
- Contribute to the consolidation of the academic communities from a research work that addresses the epistemological, ontological and methodological assumptions of the discipline, from a political ethical standpoint.
- Disseminate and transfer the results of research in such a way that affects the production of knowledge and public policies, for the construction of a more equitable and just society.
Why do they choose us?
The pedagogical commitment of the program focuses on research as a didactic device that promotes the development and strengthening of investigative, disciplinary, interdisciplinary, communicative and ethical-political competences, from a multi-paradigmatic vision and a continuous accompaniment that allows orienting the student's training process, and the insertion in the academic communities. The Doctorate in Psychology was structured jointly between the Headquarters and the Cali Section, which allows to unite the strengths of the team of professors and to have a regional perspective in favor of socially relevant research. The program offers the possibility of having a team of professors who share the five lines of work of the doctorate, which are nurtured by the discussion of the research groups endorsed by Colciencias. This option allows students to participate in the academic debates of the team of professors and to take joint courses that enrich the academic debate. Each Doctorate (Bogota Central Headquarters - Cali Section) has an independent qualified registry, but with a joint work that is reflected in the curricular structure.
- High teaching quality
The doctorate has 30 Ph.D. teachers grouped in the five lines of research.
- Interdisciplinary dialogue
Approaches to other disciplines, ranging from interdisciplinary readings to transdisciplinary proposals, depending on the student's study object.
- Lines of investigation
Comprehensive wellness and health; Construction of knowledge in educational contexts; Social and armed conflicts; Family, parenting and contexts; Psychology, work and subjectivity.
- Expert librarian service
The students have the Alfonso Borrero Cabal General Library, SJ, which has one of the most important repositories in Latin America, individual and group study environments and librarians who are experts in the area of Legal Sciences, able to support research and research needs. study.
- Understanding of methodologies with a variety of research strategies that enable well-designed studies, with collection and analysis of information appropriate to the object of study, in correspondence with the contexts in which it is registered.
- Plural thinking
The contents and methodology generate participation spaces open to different positions, criteria and thoughts that help the permanent construction of knowledge, culture and values.
- Participation in research in the projects of the groups that make up the lines.
Co-tutee with the Alberto Hurtado University of Chile.
The admission process of the University is based on three groups of criteria: Attitude, Skills and / or Knowledge. Of which each of the candidates will be evaluated through the activities established by the program, such as: interview, specific tests, among others (depends on each program). The applicant initiates the process of registration to the program through the registration form.
In the following table you will see the specific value for each criterion group and its specific activities:
* In the activity referred to the exam you can choose one of the related exams.
Each of the criteria groups Attitude, Skill and Knowledge will have specific activities to be evaluated and these activities in turn will have a specific value. Remember that an activity can appear repeated in different criteria, but this does not mean that you should repeat it for each of them. In the Knowledge criterion you can find several exams, of which you can choose for your admission process.
About the School
Founded by the Society of Jesus in 1623, it is a Catholic university, recognized by the Colombian government, which aims to serve the human community, especially Colombia, seeking to establish a more ... Read More