The Doctorate in Theology is at the top of the entire academic curriculum of the faculty, which is why the faculty itself and the Department of Theology put the best of themselves at the disposal of this program. The doctorate is structured on criteria of high research and on the axes of a doctorate qualification and a research project.
- Seminar - Seminar Schedule: Different schedules according to subjects.
- Face-to-face modality
- Granting title: Doctor of Theology
- Estimated duration: Six (6) semesters
- Year of Start: 1988
- SNIES: 1038
- Qualified registry resolution: 122 of January 3, 2014, valid until January 3, 2021.
- Registration fee: $ 8,945,000 / semester *
- Type of training: Postgraduate
- Place where it is offered: Bogotá
* The registration value corresponds to the cost per period fixed for the year 2019.
- Seminar 1 of habilitation "Methods in Theology"
- Seminar 2 of qualification "Doctoral Project"
- Tutoring 1
- Seminar 3 of habilitation "Topics and Problems of Contemporary Theology"
- Seminar 4 "Themes and Problems of Moral Theology
- Tutoring 2
- Tutoring 3
- Preparation of the research project 1
- Tutoring 4
- Preparation of the research project 2
- Tutoring 5
- Preparation of the research project 3
- Tutoring 6
- Preparation of the research project 4
- Public support
Profile of the applicant
The Doctorate in Theology, which grants the title of the highest educational level, convokes candidates who wish to advance in a clearly investigative formation of the constitutive and regulative elements of the theological discipline, in order to produce new knowledge, transfer it, appropriate it and apply it in a a country in which the theological horizons of the Hebrew-Christian tradition belong to their own heritage. The doctoral nature of the program requires in the candidate the competences, abilities and skills already achieved in the undergraduate and previous masters, whether ecclesiastical or civil in theology, disciplinary or professional, so that, at the indispensable basic levels of formation in theology , levels of deepening and applied knowledge research have been followed.
The doctoral program requires, therefore, candidates well versed in the discipline, but with a vocation and investigative decision to develop disciplinary theological knowledge, aimed at solving the main problems registered by the national conscience and permanently reinforcing religious, ethical and religious values. morals that are characteristic of the spiritual and cultural, religious and moral configuration of the nation.
All of the above adduces that the candidate for the doctorate must certify their previous preparation, their investigative interest and basic competences for the investigation, through interviews with the admissions committee, to prove their sufficiency in at least one modern language in the internationally recognized standards and according to the dispositions emanated in this respect of the Directive Council of the Javeriana University, being required convenient levels of classical Hebrew and Greek languages for the candidates oriented towards the biblical studies.
- The Doctorate in Theology has a true Senate of researchers, all of them of high qualification and of recognized trajectory in the different slopes of theology.
- The syllabus contemplates the possibility of enabling institutional seminars different from those proposed by the program, as long as they meet the double condition of quality and interest for the development of student research. The program also contemplates the possibility of internships in Latin American and European universities.
- All the documents required in the country for admission to postgraduate programs must be in the student's academic portfolio, namely:
- Academic resume, where university studies, degrees obtained, intellectual production, professional practices, knowledge of languages and other teaching and research activities are specified, especially those relevant to theological research.
- Registration form duly completed.
- Photocopy of the university degree, professional or academic, equivalent or superior to the first university degree in theology.
- Photocopy of the civil master's degree.
- Photocopy of the title of ecclesiastical master in theology, corresponding to the ecclesiastical degree, for those who opt for the ecclesiastical title of doctor.
- Photocopy of the qualifications corresponding to the titles.
- Brief preliminary design on the subject that would be addressed as possible research during the doctoral studies.
- Certification of competences in a modern language at B2 level.
The student of the Doctorate in Theology program will be admitted as a candidate for the doctorate at the moment in which he satisfactorily exceeds the initial or qualification phase to the doctorate.
About the School
Founded by the Society of Jesus in 1623, it is a Catholic university, recognized by the Colombian government, which aims to serve the human community, especially Colombia, seeking to establish a more ... Read More