Enhance your professional practice through a deep and rigorous research
The Main Focus of Research is on the innovative integration of business knowledge with sustainable development issues. Specifically, economic growth, environmental management and social fairness are integral parts of all DBA projects.
The theoretical philosophy of this DBA program hinges upon a holistic approach to problem-solving and stresses the development of leadership skills in times of changing organizational settings due to crisis and scarcity of resources.
It places emphasis on the application of sound theory and rigorous research into real and complex issues in business and management. The students are expected to undertake an independent and systematic investigation selecting the appropriate methodology of research, methods and techniques. The aim is to address topics relevant to organizations and management, particularly with an emphasis on sustainability.
Students can attend workshops either on campus or online.
Requirements for the Doctorate Program:
- Photocopy of a valid passport or ID
- Official Certified University transcripts and diplomas, with certified translation, if not originally in English
- Official certified university transcript (if applying for transfer of credits)
- CV / Resumé indicating both complete education and any work experience in reverse chronological order
- Essay of 3000 words stating your research interests, chosen research topic and motivations, theoretical framework as well as expected outcomes of research results
- If you are not a native English speaker, or if you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school: TOEFL (minimum score of 550 PBT or 80 IBT), or IELTS (minimum score of 6.0), or other Standardized English Placement Exams. To submit the TOEFL test score to the Sustainability Management School automatically, please enter SUMAS's TOEFL® Institutional Code number - 4629 when you take the test.
- Application fee of 200 CHF
- Application fee: 200 CHF
- Year 1: 16,000 CHF
- Year 2: 13,000 CHF
- Year 3: 11,000 CHF
SUMAS does not currently offer any scholarship programs or grants.
About the School
The aim of the SUMAS is to educate socially responsible global decision makers of the future who will make a real difference in the world. Its purpose is to deliver an innovative mix of sound business ... Read More