The Doctorate of Education degree is aimed at experienced educational professionals and sets out to place you at the leading edge of your professional field in terms of knowledge, awareness, and understanding.
The EdD is for those who are eager to make substantial and original contributions to the development of educational knowledge in a broad range of educational settings including K-12 schools, colleges, universities and governmental organizations.
Delivered through a blend of online interactions and real-world experiences, the EdD program allows students to continue working full time while pursuing a degree that will distinguish them as organizational leaders. Students will explore how learning occurs in formal and informal workplace settings, examine effective strategies for facilitating organizational learning, and learn to create systems that produce more effective, adaptable and competitive organizations.
The degree meets the need for the highest levels of professional development and training of both educators and those concerned with educational policy and administration. The prime focus is on the interplay between the multi-dimensional practices of education and scholarship.
The degree is designed to engage current practitioners with knowledge, awareness, and understanding of the philosophical, organizational, political, social, managerial, interpersonal, and technical dimensions of schools and other educational institutions. Exploration of the nexus between theory and practice begins with a series of online modules that will develop your capability to perceive critical issues facing educators and policymakers today through the lens of contemporary and historical research and philosophy. This broad foundation will enable you to hone your specific interests towards the conduct of supervised research that will make an original contribution to your field.
- A high-level academic study of a range of educational and professional issues
- Four tutored units and a supervised research component
- Will enable you to make a contribution to knowledge through unit assignments, and through your dissertation
- Focus on the interplay and relationship between professional practice and scholarship.
- UU-EDUD-801 Educational Research: Philosophy and Practice
- UU-EDUD-802 Managing Teaching and Learning Methods
- UU-EDUD-803 Educational Policy: Theory and Practice
- UU-EDUD-804 Educational Management, Leadership and Administration
- UU-EDUD-900-1 EdD Dissertation (Part 1)
- UU-EDUD-900-2 EdD Dissertation (Part 2)
- UU-EDUD-900-3 EdD Dissertation (Part 3)
- UU-EDUD-900-4 EdD Dissertation (Part 4)
Program taught in: