Fully-Funded Ph.D. Positions in Biology, Computer Science, Data Science & Scientific Computing, Mathematics, Neuroscience, and Physics
Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria)
The Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria) is looking for highly qualified candidates with bachelor’s or master’s degrees to apply for the IST Austria Ph.D. program. We offer fully-funded Ph.D. positions in biology, neuroscience, mathematics, computer science, physics, and data science, in a world-class research environment on the outskirts of Vienna.
Our PhD program is characterized by modern comprehensive training with a special focus on interdisciplinarity, close mentoring by outstanding faculty within small research groups, and access to first-rate facilities. Students spend the first year completing coursework and rotations before choosing a thesis group. Our PhD graduates have gone on to top positions in academia and industry all over the world.
IST Austria offers internationally competitive PhD salaries, supporting 5 years of study. Applicants must hold either a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field of study. We expect to hire 50-60 Ph.D. candidates in the 2020 admissions round.
The application deadline is January 8, 2020 (11:59 PM CET), for a Ph.D. start date in September 2020.
Apply now: https://phd.ist.ac.at/phd-admissions/
Find out more about the IST Austria Graduate School: https://phd.ist.ac.at/
Visit us on Student Open Day on November 22nd, 2019!
More information and registration: https://ist.ac.at/studentopenday
IST Austria is committed to equality and diversity. In particular, female applicants are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Eligibility and Subject Areas
Students who will have a bachelor’s degree level qualification (or above) by September 2020 are eligible to apply. We invite PhD applications in the following subject areas:
- Cell and Developmental Biology
- Evolutionary Biology
- Genetics and Genomics
- Quantitative Biology
- Structural Biology
- Systems Biology
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Algorithms and Complexity
- Cryptography and Security
- Formal Methods and Programming Languages
- Machine Learning and Computer Vision
- Scientific Computing and Computer Graphics
- Software, Distributed, and Embedded Systems
Data Science & Scientific Computing
- Numerical Simulation
- Topological Data Analysis
- Algebra / Representation Theory
- Analysis and Differential Equations
- Discrete Mathematics
- Geometry / Topology
- Mathematical Biology
- Mathematical Physics
- Number Theory
- Probability Theory
- Cellular Neuroscience
- Computational / Theoretical Neuroscience
- Developmental Neuroscience
- Molecular Neuroscience
- Structural Neuroscience
- Systems Neuroscience
- Translational Neuroscience
- Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics
- Complex Systems
- Fluid Dynamics / Turbulence
- Material Science
- Mathematical Physics
- Optical Imaging
- Quantum Physics
- Soft Matter
- Solid State Physics
- Statistical Physics
About IST Austria
- English-speaking institute
- Dedication to basic research and graduate education in the natural and mathematical sciences
- Fully funded interdisciplinary PhD program
- Successful alumni careers in academia and industry
- An international and diverse community
- Location just outside Vienna, which is consistently ranked as one of the most desirable cities to live in in the world
In 2019, IST Austria was ranked #3 in the world-wide Nature Index ranking (normalized).
About the School
The Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria) is a young international institute dedicated to basic research and graduate education in the natural and mathematical sciences, located in ... Read More