The aim of the Hector Fellow Academy is to promote young researchers in the Hector Fellows' environment. The HFA Ph.D. students are given the opportunity to benefit from the wealth of experience and the outstanding expertise of their supervisor while building up a research network.
Every year, several Ph.D. positions are funded by the HFA. Master graduates from all over the world can apply with a very good degree. Ambitious young scientists have the opportunity to do their Ph.D. with a self-developed research project in the working group of a Hector Fellow.
For this, an innovative, self-developed research topic has to be submitted, which the young scientist works on within the framework of the three-year doctoral phase at the institute of the supervising Hector Fellow. It must be included in the application which Hector Fellow qualifies as a supervisor for your research idea.
Moreover, outstanding Master's graduates can also apply for advertised Ph.D. positions of a Hector Fellow. By becoming a member of the Hector Fellow Academy, the young scientists become part of an interdisciplinary network of top researchers.
- Realize a self-developed research idea; OR
- Apply for an advertised position of a Hector Fellow Mentoring by an internationally renowned, top-level scientist;
- Funded position as a research assistant (depending upon DFG regulation) plus research funds;
- Membership in an excellent research network;
- Additional management courses, training & networking events.
An innovative Ph.D. project idea in the research field of one of the Hector Fellows OR the motivation to carry out a Ph.D. project advertised by a Hector Fellow An excellent master’s degree Very good English language skills.
To apply for a position as a Ph.D. student at the Hector Fellow Academy, the following requirements must be met:
- Excellent academic performance
- Very good master’s degree in the relevant field
- Very good knowledge of English
- Willingness to move to the university location of the supervising Hector Fellow, if necessary
- Either submit an innovative, self-developed project outline within the research area of a Hector Fellow or
- Apply for a position advertised by a Hector Fellow
Upon receipt of the application, the submitted documents will be reviewed by the Hector Fellow Academy office and forwarded to the Hector Fellow. The assessment is based on the academic qualifications, the maturity of the project outline and the consistency of the topic with the research focus of the Hector Fellow or the fit to the requirements of the advertised position.
With the most promising candidates, the Hector Fellows coordinate interviews. The finalists will be invited to a personal introduction in July (as part of the annual symposium). Subsequently, the final funding decisions are made.
About the School
The Hector Fellow Academy is a young academy of sciences. It offers a platform for networking, interdisciplinary exchange, and mutual inspiration to the laureates of the Hector Science Award. In addit ... Read More