IDS-FunMat-INNO is a project funded by the KIC EIT-Raw Materials, in the category Ph.D. Education.
The key ingredients delivered in our Ph.D. education are:
- international and intersectoral mobility: each Ph.D. candidate works in two different countries (international cotutelle or co-supervision), and will gain experience in both academic and private sectors
- Training in entrepreneurship and innovation skills: apart from frequent contacts with the industry partner of their project, the entrepreneurial mindset of Ph.D. candidates will be stimulated by a specific training school.
- Training in eco-design and life-cycle analysis of materials and the value chain of raw materials: topics such as access to resources, sustainable substitution of critical and toxic raw materials and materials recycling have become crucial issues pertaining to all branches of materials research. It is thus a fundamental necessity to develop training modules in this new field that is part of the circular economy to develop.
- Training in project and risk management: knowledge of risk management is essential for future career prospects of
Ph.D. candidates, but also for management of the Ph.D. project itself. Our Ph.D. candidates learn the basics early on at
the start of their thesis.
- Training in technology intelligence: the Ph.D. candidates will be trained to gather technology intelligence using specific web platforms and software tools.
IDS-FunMat-Inno will develop a model for Ph.D. education for the European raw materials sector, producing Ph.D. graduates who are equipped for innovation and entrepreneurship. The strategic aim is to strengthen the competitiveness, growth, and attractiveness of the European raw materials sector (including processing, recycling and substitution of critical raw materials).
IDS-FunMat-Inno Partner Institutions
- Université de Bordeaux
- Institut polytechnique de Grenoble
- Université de Lorraine
- Université de Liège
- Ghent University
- Technische Universität Darmstadt
- Aalto University
- University of Milano-Bicocca
- Commissariat à l’Energie Atomique et aux Energies Alternatives
- Arkema SA
- Mondragon Corporation
- Heraeus Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 9, 2018