A Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) is a management practitioner’s degree and, while not a requirement, continued involvement in an organization is important for keeping the theoretical and methodological contents of your DBA studies in a practical context. A DBA is focused on developing a scientific attitude, not just completing a research project. The rigorous application of research methods within a theoretical framework is a skill which will serve you throughout your career.
The DBA International Programme is a blended learning programme specially tailored for those who cannot put their careers on hold. The freedom and flexibility of this programme will allow you to balance the demands of your career and personal life while developing your skills and capabilities through a significant study of original research aimed at improving practical decision making as well as increasing the understanding of organizational and business life.
The programme is structured into several phases
In the first phase, you will be challenged to develop your own identity and vision as a researcher. What motivates you? What kind of problems fascinate you?
The second phase is focussed on developing your skills as a researcher. The third phase is focussed on integration. Are you able to unite your vision and motivation with your knowledge and intellectual capacities?
The final phase is the thesis research and writing phase. Through your research, you will be able to apply and internalize the learning of the first three phases as well as contextualize it.
This programme is taught in English
For admission to this programme, applicants will be required to:
• Hold an MBA or a Masters qualification in a relevant area OR Have at least 5 years of postgraduate work experience
• Be employed in a professional capacity with significant responsibility OR Be employed in a senior management role OR Be the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of a small or medium-sized enterprise
• Be pursuing, or have pursued, a significant career in professional or business areas that fall within the research interests of the faculty of Business School Netherlands, AND
• Display evidence of the potential to perform doctoral-level work, and have written and verbal fluency in English. For non-native English speakers, a minimum TOEFL mark of 580 on the paper-based test or 237 on the computerized test, or 91 on the internet-based test, or a 6.5 on the IELTS standard is required.
In exceptional circumstances, consideration may be given to applicants without a Master’s degree who:
• Hold a degree in a relevant discipline
• Have exceptional work experience demonstrated by professional advancement
• Can demonstrate continued education and professional development since graduation
Provisionally set for 26 October 2020. Please enquire to confirm
- USA: Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Netherlands: Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO)
- Association for Transnational Higher Education Accreditation (ATHEA)
Why Study through BSN?:
- Business School Netherlands is one of the oldest, largest and most accredited business schools in Europe
- Boost your career and promotion opportunities with a qualification that carries multiple accreditations
- Competitively-priced and accessible qualifications
- Learn from experienced and specialised experts from various industries and backgrounds
- Get a DBA that helps you develop actual and relevant management and interpersonal skills, not just book-knowledge
- Join a global network of alumni and establish new business connections in new markets
- Learn new decision making and problem-solving approaches from different cultures and insights
- Contribute to the overall body of knowledge through your research submissions
“Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime” - Lao Tzu (the original Action Learner).