Application deadline: June 30, 2015
Publication of the list of those selected for interview: by July 16, 2015
Interviews: from July 20 to 24, 2015
The International Doctoral Programme in Emerging Digital Technologies is a full-time, mandatory attendance, a three-year residential program with highly interdisciplinary connotation, involving structured courses and supervised research yielding an original dissertation to be discussed in a public examination. Students can specialize in one of the following curricula:
- Embedded Systems, with emphasis on real-time systems and resource management.
- Perceptual Robotics, with emphasis on telerobotics, cognitive robotics, and virtual environments.
- Photonic Technologies, especially referring to photonic integrated circuits, sensors, communications, and networks.
- Applicants holding a Master of Science (MSc) degree or similar academic qualification obtained abroad may take part in the selection process for the admission to the Course.
At the successful completion of the Program, the School awards the student with the ‘Ph.D.” (Philosophy Doctor) Degree.
The Ph.D. programme provides lecture attendance and a passing of the related exams, research activities, attendance of seminars and summer schools and periods abroad. At the end of the Ph.D. programme, students will possess solid scientific and engineering skills, the ability to conceive and carry out original research projects, and an autonomous entrepreneurship spirit.
6 positions with scholarship
The positions subject to the competition are divided between the curricula as follows:
- curriculum Embedded Systems: 2 positions
- curriculum Photonic Technologies: 2 positions
- curriculum Perceptual Robotics: 2 positions
Before the start of the courses, the following may also be activated:
- positions dedicated to specific industrial research activities, in partnership with organizations and private companies;
- positions intended for apprenticeship contracts, if any, pursuant to article 11 of Italian Ministerial Decree no. 45/2013 and article 5 of Italian Legislative Decree 167/2011 (High-level Apprenticeship Ph.D.);
Cost & Fees
Program taught in: