The ISEG International Program of Doctor of Business Administration Studies (iDBA) and Consecutive Ph.D. in management combines research excellence with professional practice. It aims at preparing students in the fields of strategy and organization management, providing advanced research skills in order to improve management research and practice in organizations.
Successful completion of all components of the program equips students with knowledge and expertise for industry and academic careers awarding the International Doctorate of Business Administration and the Ph.D. in Management degree.
DBA and Ph.D. in One Intensive Program
- Class calendar caters to the need of working professional students thanks to its free intervals between modules (class participation is once every 40-60 days apart) to juggle their education, work, and personal life.
- Students living and working around the world are joining this program as they can travel only once every other month to meet the class
- Students enjoy multinational experience and locations throughout the program, while they are on Portugal student visa to be able to meet on the Lisbon campus.
- It usually takes 3 years to complete both the iDBA Program and writing the Ph.D. thesis, but it largely depends on the students' pace.
- The program is lectured by an experienced body of top professors and researchers.
- Successful completion of the courses of the iDBA Program allows students to be accepted in the 2nd year of the Ph.D. in Management.
- In order to obtain a Ph.D. from the University of Lisbon, the students must have successfully completed both the DBA studies and the Ph.D. component.
- After registration in the 2nd year of the Ph.D. program, an international supervisor will be allocated to each student according to their thesis subject.
- For the Ph.D. the students need to write and submit a thesis and undergo a final "viva voce", in English at ISEG (Portugal).
- Students can choose their desired thesis subject from a wide spectrum of disciplines thanks to the strong large community of faculties in ISEG and the University of Lisbon (Nearly 3 thousand academic faculty in Doctorate level).
- The program is delivered in English and based on class demographics, simultaneous translation to other languages might become available during class lectures.
The program enables students for top careers in industry, academia, or public sectors. Steering and executive-level positions in service and industry companies, professorship, and researcher positions in universities and research centers, top governmental and non-governmental advisors, are some of the prospects for the graduates.
- Total class participation during the program is 40 days (7+1 modules held every other month, each within almost 5 consecutive days)
- Afterward, communication with the Ph.D. thesis supervisor may be conducted through online platforms or in-person meetings
- Annually almost 4-5 times more applicants than the program's capacity apply to the program, therefore, the applicants are ranked based on their merits and the time their full application is received.
- While prospective students should have completed undergraduate and postgraduate education, in exceptional circumstances where a student demonstrates excellence through course work, publications, or work experience, an undergraduate degree may suffice.
- This program accepts students from different disciplines should their previous education demonstrate they possess the required knowledge for success in the program.
- Although the English skill test report is not compulsory for admission to the program, the applicants' eligibility is assessed during the application phase.
Admission to the program is very competitive. All prospective applicants must contact firstname.lastname@example.org to submit their required documents and application fee. The basic elements of application requirements are as follow:
- Curriculum Vitae in English;
- Official English Translation of all previous education degrees;
- Official English Translation of all your previous education transcripts;
- A preliminary research proposal (250-300 words);
- A statement of purpose (250-300 words);
- Proof of work experience;
- Filled-in Application Form;
- €500 Application fee (in case you were admitted to the program, it will be considered as part of your tuition and if not admitted, it will be refunded).
The total tuition and fees for the DBA and Ph.D. combined are 30.000 euros. The fees are payable as follows:
- Within 14 days after admission to secure a seat in the program: €5.500
- Up to 10 days before the 1st module: €12.000
- Up to 10 days before the 4th module: €5.500
- At the registration on the 2nd year of the Ph.D. Program: €3.500
- At the registration on the 3rd year of the Ph.D. Program: €3.500
About the School
ISEG, Lisbon School of Economics & Management of the Universidade de Lisboa (University of Lisbon) is the most prestigious college of management and economics in Portugal. ISEG is accredited by t ... Read More