Materials Science Ph.D. Program
The Materials Science Ph.D. program is designed to provide students maximum flexibility with access to premier facilities and professors at three campuses.
The Montana University System announces an exciting new collaborative program offering Montana’s first Ph.D. in Materials Science. The program includes the departments, faculty, courses and research infrastructure of the campuses of the University of Montana, Montana State University and Montana Tech.
Research specialties are focused in four areas:
- Electronic, photonic and magnetic materials
- Materials for energy storage, conversion, and conservation
- Materials synthesis, processing, and fabrication
The curriculum integrates a broad range of physical science and engineering disciplines with an even broader range of applications, from health and medicine to nanotechnology to energy, environment and natural resources.
The mission of the MUS MatSci Ph.D. program is to advance knowledge and techniques while preparing the next generation of leaders in materials research, application, and education. The program’s vision is to become a top-ranked program, sought after by students, sponsoring agencies, and industry, with high student demand, placement success, and positive impact on Montana’s economy.
- Academic quality
- Interdisciplinarity and collaboration, with administrative processes transparent to the students
- Service and value to Montana, the nation, and the world
- Efficiency and effectiveness
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 29, 2016