The official program of Doctorate in Information and Communication Technologies in Mobile Networks Is an interuniversity doctoral program in which the following universities participate:
- University of the Basque Country / Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea
- University of Cantabria
- University of Zaragoza
- Oviedo University
- University of A Coruña
What is learned
The TICRM Interuniversity Doctorate Program aims at advanced training in the field of mobile communications of new researchers so that they can successfully face the challenge of knowledge generation and transfer to society and the productive fabric.
This training includes the study of mobile networks from the point of view of telecommunication systems, radio technologies, digital signal processing and telematics.
The research lines cover aspects of third and fourth generation mobile networks, as well as local area networks via radio, WLAN, personal area networks, WPAN and WBAN, as well as terrestrial communications systems.
Lines of investigation
These are the lines of research of this doctoral program:
- Telematic networks and services
- Communication Technologies
- Wireless Technologies
- Digital signal processing
Specific Training Complements
In case the doctor does not have the complete previous training required in the program, his / her admission to the program may be conditioned to the surpassing of specific training complements, which may be subjects or modules of master and degree. The complements assigned to the same doctorate may not exceed 15 ECTS credits and may be made prior or simultaneous to the tuition in academic tuition in the program.
In case of simultaneous realization the students will have to register for these complements at the moment of formalizing the tuition of academic tutelage in the program, which must be surpassed in the maximum term of three consecutive quarters. Failure to do so will result in student disqualification from the program.
- Architecture and mobile platforms
- Graphic and multimedia interaction
Professional and academic outputs
The doctorates trained in this program acquire knowledge and skills to develop projects in the following R & D & I lines:
- Telematic systems in mobile and wireless communications, security aspects, quality of service, protocol design, multiple access techniques, error control mechanisms and network planning.
- Trunk systems based on fiber optics and technologies related to fiber optic systems.
- Planning of radio systems, study and characterization of propagation channels in different frequency bands. Application to mobile and wireless communications and implications in the design of mobile networks.
- Design of network architecture for the provision of mobile services based on heterogeneous technologies and convergence of standards.
- Algorithms and advanced techniques of voice signal processing.
- Signal processing applied to wireless communications and algorithms for the optimization of the capacity of radio channels in mobile communications and the correct dimensioning of network resources.
- Modeling of active devices and circuit designs in hybrid and monolithic technologies.
- Design of telecommunication systems. Channel models.
The recommended admission profiles for this doctoral program correspond to those of those who have one of the following qualifications:
- Any University Master that grants the full powers of the regulated profession of Telecommunication Engineer.
- Master in Information and Communication Technologies in Mobile Networks TICRM by the University of Coruña; The University of Cantabria; The University of Oviedo; The University of Zaragoza and the University of the Basque Country / Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea.
- Master in Computer Engineering from the University of Coruña.
- Master in Applications of Signal Processing in Communications by the University of Vigo.
- Master in Telematics Engineering from the University of Vigo.
- Master in Radiocommunication and Electromagnetic Engineering by the University of Vigo.
- Master's Degree in Signal Theory and Communications by the University of Vigo.
- Master's Degree in Research in Information Technologies from the University of Santiago de Compostela.
- Master in Computer Engineering from the University of Vigo.
- Master in Intelligent and Adaptive Software Systems by the University of Vigo.
Also considered as a recommended admission profile is the one corresponding to other official master's degrees from Spanish universities or equivalent master's degrees from universities in another country that is part of the European Higher Education Area, and related to Information and Communication Technologies in Mobile Networks.
In any case, those who wish to enter this doctoral program must have a university education related to ICTs.
About the School
The University of A Coruña is a public institution whose primary objective is the generation, management and dissemination of culture and scientific, technological and professional knowledge through t ... Read More