The Programme Doctorate of Naval and Industrial Engineering Is an official university degree that seeks the training of experts in these two technological fields, ensuring that the training acquired is scientific, social, academic and professional.
Its objective is to promote excellence in research in its own fields, seeking to establish links between applied academic research and the industrial productive environment involved in shipbuilding.
Why study the degree
Naval and industrial engineers are highly demanded professionals with very diverse fields of action. The program offers the possibility to deepen in different fields of the engineering that go from the technical aspects, including the experimental ones, until the aspects of organization, management and direction.
It responds to a demand from the R & D & I system, providing specific scientific and technical training that supports and drives the potential of industrial companies, including the construction sector, as well as those related to ship design and construction . These productive sectors are common to companies in the EPS environment.
Traditionally in Spain, taking into account all types of existing studies (engineering, science, humanities), the highest occupancy rate (lower unemployment rate) has always corresponded to doctors; This is accentuated in the case of professional qualifications, such as engineering, whose occupancy rates have always been higher.
On the other hand, in the most advanced countries the doctorate contributes the maximum employability, being professionals very demanded and well-paid. In Spain more and more doctors are being demanded, as companies are increasingly oriented to take advantage of R & D & I opportunities, and as more and more foreign companies with cultures establish the maximum value for those with a higher level of training They have gotten.
What is learned
The program is multidisciplinary and covers both technical, organizational and management aspects. Mechanical processes, structural design, automation and process control, manufacture and use of new materials and components, energy and chemical processes, generation, transportation and use of energy, naval architecture and propulsion represent some Of the fields covered by the doctoral program.
Lines of investigation
These are the lines of research of this doctoral program:
- Dynamic and seismic analysis
- Elementary analysis in industrial processes
- Structural analysis
- Applications of the dynamics of multibody systems to the automotive
- Applications of multibody dynamics to biomechanics
- Applications of the dynamics of multibody systems to the naval and oceanic industry
- Applications of the dynamics of multibody systems to the processes of assembly and disassembly
- CFD, boiling, heat transfer
- Tribological behavior of metallic materials
- Sustainable steel construction
- Development of CFDs applied to vessel hydrodynamics
- Project management (scope, time, cost, quality, contracting, risk, integration). Management of uncertainty and risk. Analysis of uncertainty and risk. Recruitment management. Systems of support in the decision.
- Boiling, simulation of thermal systems, design and simulation of compact heat exchangers, heat transfer in biphasic flow
- Energy efficiency: hygrothermal regulation in buildings
- Cold formed elements
- Energy: Wind farms, solar parks, hydroelectric mini-plants, energy planning, sacks analysis, gas engineering.
- Non destructive essays
- Equilibrium between phases, physical properties, boiling, ionic liquids, absorption cooling, nanoparticles
- Instrumentation and treatment of images and signals
- Hybrid and bio-inspired materials
- Optimization of vessel shapes through experimental tests
- Optimization and design in the field of naval and industrial engineering
- Organization, security and quality of companies, industries, services and processes
- Joining and reloading processes
- Thermal and rheological properties of materials
- Refrigeration, heat transfer
- Simulation of thermal systems, design and simulation of compact heat exchangers
- Finite element numerical simulation
- Simulation, automation and robotics
- Sustainability in construction: sustainability assessment, quantitative models, sustainable building project.
- Optical techniques for flow measurements, doppler anemometry, laser doppler velocimetry, particle velocimetry, hot wire anemometry, atomized jets, diesel jets, biphasic flow
- Three-dimensional semi-rigid joints
Specific Training Complements
In case the doctor does not have the complete previous training required in the program, his / her admission to the program may be conditioned to the surpassing of specific training complements, which may be subjects or modules of master and degree. The complements assigned to the same doctorate may not exceed 15 ECTS credits and may be made prior or simultaneous to the tuition in academic tuition in the program.
In case of simultaneous realization the students will have to register for these complements at the moment of formalizing the tuition of academic tutelage in the program, which must be surpassed in the maximum term of three consecutive quarters. Failure to do so will result in student disqualification from the program.
Formative Activities of the Program
Seminar of 3 hours per quarter.
Professional and academic outputs
Shipyards and other companies interested in floating artifacts, in their propulsion system and in other auxiliary systems. Installation, operation and maintenance of oil rigs. Offshore wind fields. Research institutes. Universities. Teachers of secondary education.
Companies dedicated to: Electronics and Automation, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry and Environment, Energy Techniques, Metallurgy and Materials Engineering, Construction, Industrial Organization and Manufacturing. Research institutes. Universities. Teachers of secondary education.
- Industrial Engineer.
- Naval and ocean engineer.
Degree Programs Bologna:
- Master in Industrial Engineering.
- Master in Naval and Oceanic Engineering.
- Master in Research in Naval and Industrial Technologies.
- Master in Engineering and Industrial Technology.
- Master in Naval and Oceanic Technologies.
- Master in Photonics and Laser Technologies.
- Master's Degree in Complex Materials: Thermal Analysis and Rheology