The main objective of the Ph.D. Program in Computer Engineering is to provide doctoral students with the environment which will let them work independently and produce leading scientific contributions.
Prominent areas of study in the department are cybersecurity, cryptography, image processing, data mining, pattern recognition, optimization, network technologies, and network safety.
The first year of the Ph.D. program consists of coursework, followed by one year of preparation for the Doctorate Proficiency Examination. After passing the examination successfully, students will begin to write their dissertations, for a total research period of two years.
- Postgraduate diploma (or higher)
- Masters degree (with thesis) in Computer Engineering/Software Engineering or a related field
- Minimum Graduation Degree should be: 3.00/4.00 GRE (New): Minimum 153, GRE (Old): Minimum 680 or GMAT: Minimum 500
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English/Turkish.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
- Language requirements: Toefl IBT: 78, GRE:153 or GMAT:500
- Other requirements:
- At least 1 reference(s) must be provided.
- A motivation letter must be added to your application.
- CGPA of Master has to be at least 3 out of 4 (80 out of 100)
About the School
Yasar University, an English medium, foundation university, is located in the centre of the city of Izmir on the scenic west coast of Turkey. The university offers over 60 degree programs at undergrad ... Read More