- Duration of study (years): 3 years
- Title of studies: Doctoral Degree in Exercise and Physical Education
- Level of Title: Doctoral Degree (3rd Cycle of Studies)
- Language of instruction: Greek
- Method of Study: Full-time / Part-time
- Minimum European Credit Units (ECTS): 180
The University of Nicosia offers Doctoral Programme in Exercise Science and Physical Education leading to a PhD.
The program is designed to provide scientific knowledge at the highest level and prepare students for careers in the field of higher learning, scientific research and in scientific field of exercise and physical education.
The aim of the doctoral program is to prepare experienced scientists with a view to conduct cutting-edge research, to propose innovative research and practical workable solutions and achieve leadership positions in the exercise area and physical education and the wider sports industry.
The program directs students to use the most modern methods of multidisciplinary research into the production and application of knowledge in theoretical and practical level. It is designed to provide students the opportunity to pursue doctoral studies in areas that will increase our knowledge of human movement, develop theories and methods for maintaining health and improving knowledge for more effective implementation of physical education in education.
The program is designed so as to enable development to students in areas of particular interest, having a background knowledge and / or experience in exercise science and physical education.
Special features of the program are:
- The development, testing and implementation of theories about human movement and exercise.
- The development, testing and application of theories to maintain and improve human health and performance.
- The resolution of any problems of motion of the exercise and performance through an interdisciplinary approach.
- Addressing any problems and the effective implementation of physical education programs.
Graduates of the doctoral program in exercise science and physical education will be prepared:
- take academic positions at a college or university in departments such as kinesiology, physical education, or physiology,
- to assume leadership positions in general education,
- to conduct research in these areas and become experts in sports or pedagogical exercise or to train aspiring physical education teachers,
- be employed in the wider sports industry.
Upon completion of the doctoral program in Exercise Science and Physical Education, the holders of a PhD degree:
- Will acquire knowledge of the most modern theories and methods on exercise and physical education,
- Will build specialized skills in the study of complex theoretical and practical problems and will be able to produce workable solutions to these problems,
- Will be specialized in searching, understanding and addressing problem areas in exercise and physical education and in the application of pioneering methods to deal with them,
- Will monitor the evolution of the cognitive field and the practices followed at the global level and will be able to recommend and apply the best methods and practices.