Cracow University of Economics offers innovative part-time Ph.D. Studies in Economics, Finance and Management (EFM). These studies, conducted entirely in English, are designed for candidates interested in academic research, willing to explore multidisciplinary research opportunities given at the CUE. The aim of the programme is to educate future researchers, teachers and professionals, and to contribute to the development and application of scientific knowledge at an international level.
- The programme lasts for 3 years (6 semesters);
- Doctoral students meet four times a year (2 times per semester). Each meeting lasts for three days (Friday-Sunday);
- Study programme is designed especially for foreign students involved in professional careers – thanks to flexible schedule they can work and live in their place of residence during the whole period of studies;
- Starting from the first semester doctoral students participate in Ph.D. seminars – individual meetings with selected Ph.D. supervisor;
- During first and second year Ph.D. students follow methodology subjects, core courses and learn how to write a good research article;
- During third year Ph.D. students follow courses familiarising them with current research issues (in economics, finance or management) as well as with detailed research methods in chosen fields;
- Additionally students participate in organization of academic classes;
- Requirements: master diploma or equivalent and good knowledge of English language (confirmed by a certificate)
Part-time doctoral programme characteristics
- PhD programme leads to obtaining the PhD degree. The main aim of the programme is to write and defend PhD thesis. The thesis should be an innovative and original piece of work which shows student’s contribution to a given field.
- In order to prepare PhD thesis students should conduct research: prepare and conduct their own research project. Students can use the CUE library’s resources on-line, which enables them to conduct research at home, in their place of residence. Research can be partially conducted at students’ work. Students who stay permanently in Krakow and are not involved in professional career are encouraged to take part in research projects conducted at the CUE.
- PhD students are obliged to attend and complete courses. To complete courses students have to: take an exam/prepare an essay or project/solve an exercise prepared by lecturer. Classes are held from early morning hours (8/9 am) till late afternoon hours (6/7 pm)
- During first semester of PhD studies students choose their PhD supervisor. PhD supervisor should be a CUE academic. Each student writes his/her PhD thesis under supervisor’s guidance. Students should work intensively with their supervisors and meet them as often as possible.
- During PhD studies students are required to publish articles. At least one article should be written by the end of the first year and published by the end of the second year. Another one should be written by the end of the second year and published by the end of third year. Students prepare articles under PhD supervisor guidance. Articles may be published at one of the CUE’s journals. Students may choose, however, a different journal (Polish or international) to publish their article.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017